cutting plastic

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dreamster66

Reaction score
is there anyone who has an idea or can cut grooves in the plastic that goes over the left front of the scoop?
I've already traced it from the other one....just need it cut or an idea as to how to precision cut it.

Here you go dreamster. That actually sell the set up but I made my own because I had the needed items on hand. Get yourself to Lowes or Home Depot in the soldering/ electrical tools section. There is a Weller brand soldering iron that has a tip attachment that holds an Exacto razor blade. Now you have a heated razor blade. I think it is 15 or 25 watts. The tool will tell you how fast to move the blade so don't try to force it. The sharpness and heat work together to make smooth cuts. There may be some light flashing from the process but it snaps right off once cool. This will also work on our fenders without creating stress cracks but the cut usually needs rounding over due to the sharp cut. Remember to post pictures when your done!
The Mod Monkey is strong in this one master Luke....

Back