Cycle One Off

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is quite an old thread, so here is an update - do not order anything from this guy. I ordered a rear wheel last August. After a couple of months he told me he was waiting for the wheel to come back from the powder-coating shop.
Then he said he had got it back and was now waiting for replacement bearings.
In December he admitted that there was no wheel, he has been sick and not able to do the work. He said he would refund my money.
Still waiting for my refund.
If he's sick, then he has my sympathy, but it only takes a few mouse-clicks to return my money via Paypal.

I've always had good experiences with him as long as I approach it with the expectation that's its going to be a long wait. He has his issues but the quality of his work is excellent assuming you ever get it.

Wish he wouldn't make promises or just tell people what they want to hear instead of "hey, I'm a one man shop and its going to be a while"

He desperately need a wife or a secretary or somebody to handle customer service for him.

Just to comment about Cycle One Off experiences. I contacted Tom via email last week on Jan 30/31 about purchasing some of his sliders for my GEN1. He communicated back and forth promptly with me via email and on Jan 31, I made a purchase from him for the products. Tom sent them out the next day as promised and they just showed up today, Feb 3, in the USPS mail. He paid for 2 day USPS priority and insured them at his cost.

In my eyes, Tom has excellent customer service and processing from this transaction. His products are of high quality too.....love the look of these new sliders for my GEN1.

Just to comment about Cycle One Off experiences. I contacted Tom via email last week on Jan 30/31 about purchasing some of his sliders for my GEN1. He communicated back and forth promptly with me via email and on Jan 31, I made a purchase from him for the products. Tom sent them out the next day as promised and they just showed up today, Feb 3, in the USPS mail. He paid for 2 day USPS priority and insured them at his cost.

In my eyes, Tom has excellent customer service and processing from this transaction. His products are of high quality too.....love the look of these new sliders for my GEN1.

:ttiwwp::

I'm going to come down on the "Don't Buy" side on this one. I bought some items from a supplier who subcontracted with CCO. The two months I was originally told stretched well past seven and reduced me checking the BBB of the original merchant to make sure I hadn't lost my money and writing nasty-grams.

Some of the accessories I was originally plan on running I've removed because I don't care to support, even after the fact, a guy who cost me an entire riding season. He may have once been a reputable seller but for whatever reason, His site remains open for business even it his shop isn't.

In the interests of fairness, my last dealings with COO went very well, Tom responded to my order shortly after I placed it and the items arrived within two days. I couldn't have been more pleased.

I appreciate the honesty from both sides. They have some cool stuff. I'll give em a go at some point. But if I get shafted..:damn angry:

In the interests of fairness, my last dealings with COO went very well, Tom responded to my order shortly after I placed it and the items arrived within two days. I couldn't have been more pleased.

I'm surprised you decided to do business with him again?
what did you buy this time?

I'm surprised you decided to do business with him again?
what did you buy this time?

I wanted some delrin lifting spools for the Gen II, there are lots of aluminum and chrome ones but I wanted black and Tom had them so I ordered them. It turned out to be a very pleasant transaction....we exchanged a few emails shooting the breeze 'n such....all good.

I tried to get some custom sliders made last year but was too busy or something. I may call him to see if he would try again this year. I've purchased a couple custom made parts and a bunch of other stuff which he delivered with no issues. I've met Tom before and he is a nice guy and he does some nice parts for our Vmax's I hope this is a good sign (recent part deliveries) for the future.

It's been hit and miss for me (lately a lot of misses). Nice work but he does need to work on his promise times and start keeping that word.

Just to be clear about this guys - I am not talking about long lead times or product quality here; THIS GUY HAS STOLEN $1200 FROM ME.
Because I don't live in the US he obviously thinks he can just take my money and get away with it.
I am trying to find a full name & address for this guy, any help would be appreciated.

That's not case. You will be refunded no later than next Friday. I can't build wheels then have the order cancelled. I try to go as fast as I can with these larger orders but it takes time and cost me money to do them.

Tom

If anyone else is interested in a refund instead of waiting for there parts let me know. I think I'm going to fill the jobs I have and call it day with the V- Max biz. Please email me if anyone wants to cancel there order as I will be shutting the site down. Thanks for the support for that last 12 years but I can't do it anymore I don't think.

Tom

I would do business with you again as well, Tom. It would be a shame to see you go...

Elimax (Aaron Rubin)

Back