cycle one off

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Use the search function.
Yeah, thanks:rolleyes:. I did that, and most was dated info back in 2020, or older with one exception in March of this year, but the OP never really got his question answered. So I figured it was worth another try as some of his stuff looks interesting at a minimum. But I don't want to get scammed either.

Based on my experience with C.O.O., I'll shout Caveat emptor !
But see for yourself, go to Tom's website, open and read the policies tab.

Contact by usps, MAIL? Though an e-mail address is given under the new name, why the name change? No returns on custom order's, well about all his work is custom based on the name C.O.O. etc.

Really, I would just hope you or whoever does their homework, talk to recent cusomer's whatever to keep from going through what I did.

Look back in the search here, if there still up at the e-mail's I posted of my unbelievable back and forths with Tom.

If you do buy, let us know, share on your hopefully favorable experience.

Gent

Based on my experience with C.O.O., I'll shout Caveat emptor !
But see for yourself, go to Tom's website, open and read the policies tab.

Contact by usps, MAIL? Though an e-mail address is given under the new name, why the name change? No returns on custom order's, well about all his work is custom based on the name C.O.O. etc.

Really, I would just hope you or whoever does their homework, talk to recent cusomer's whatever to keep from going through what I did.

Look back in the search here, if there still up at the e-mail's I posted of my unbelievable back and forths with Tom.

If you do buy, let us know, share on your hopefully favorable experience.

Gent
Thanks for taking the time for the response. Even though "Tom" has some interesting stuff on his site, the red flags I saw prompting my post and your comments will dissuade me from buying from him, at least for now.

Jeez, after my post about C.O.O. and Tom, I sat back and thought about all the times I've been given the second, third and fourth chance's in life.

I thought about how tough business can be, to try to re-brand.
Despite having good talent and a product line of sought after parts, a tarnished past has got to be hard to come back from.

I thought, why not give C.O.O. a shot, a chance to come up!
Then I read 1badmax and g2gboom's post's and realize it's time to say goodbye, cut'em loose!

Go back to good ole EXACTREP(Cheryl)! Otec! and Billet Bike Bits! LOL to drool in my dreams over their Vmax eye candy

Gent

I've done business with him he delivered but I probably paid a little extra.

How long ago has it been since you dealt with Tom, if I may ask? Thx
It's been a couple of years, He is known by a lot of people in the NE area, and nobody really had anything bad to say. When I did business with him he was in the New York area. I'm pretty certain that his business behavior is influenced by some customers behavior. But he came through for me and I am pleased, but I hadn't met Sean yet and now I pretty much stick with him.

I bought my Chromed USD R1 front end off Tom 20 years who. Excellent fit and finish

Attachments

• IMG_2078.png
    IMG_2078.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0978.png
    IMG_0978.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0884.png
    IMG_0884.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
It's been a couple of years, He is known by a lot of people in the NE area, and nobody really had anything bad to say. When I did business with him he was in the New York area. I'm pretty certain that his business behavior is influenced by some customers behavior. But he came through for me and I am pleased, but I hadn't met Sean yet and now I pretty much stick with him.
I delt with the guy(Tom) back 2014. We started off with a great rapport, probably talked for a couple hours about CNC, programming etc.

I bought a bar mount oil pressure gauge, Popper stopper kit, Spin-on-oil filter kit/bar and a fork brace, all before I placed the order for a complete USD front end.

Now from there on(2014) I have every e-mail where the guy plain, outright lied, stalled, "ghosted", bamboozled and hoodwinked me about my parts, start times,finished time's, moving dates, powder coat problems and tracking number's and finally refunds.
Whew! Im gettin pissed remebering this shit !

I shared all this back then here as it was happening, got encouragement from guy's that where near his shop, said give him time, he was moving, had moved, having problems etc.

Tom held the cards, had my money and the parts, what could I do but wait, and wait I did.

Finally (jumping alot of detail) started getting parts that looked Great!
Until I started assembly! Got pics!

Location's where his cnc touched off but did'nt pilot, drill and tap, no steering lock detent nachined in.
The clever stock fender brackets/brace had no hole located at all.

I was lucky to have every thing needed available to me at the time to more than correct Tom's mistakes.

I had absolutely no influence on Toms business or personal behavior, don't know if he was going through some serious crises or what.

I do know this, I gave him plenty of opportunity to just be honest, let me know whats going on. The guy kept up the B.S. to the end, sent my way undersize fork top caps and thats the last I heard from him. Pics shown of corrections I made, all fastener holes. I had to have fork caps turned later.
20140923_144246.jpg20140923_144305.jpg20140923_144332.jpg20140923_144347.jpg20140923_144438.jpg

Back