Question for those who have added forward controls

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JetFixr

Reaction score
As a bigger guy, 6'4" and 300#'s, I was having some issues with the stock riding position. I recently added the Refined cycle 14" forward controlls and am very happy with the relief they have given me with my legs, knees, and hips. Unfortunately I am now having lower back pain if riding over an hour. Just was wondering if those who have added the forward controls also had experienced any comfort issues after the switch. I was wondering if adding handlebar risers might help with being able to lean back a bit more while riding.
Thanks

I have 17's refined forwards any slight adjustments could help in your positioning maybe upgrade your seat to a morley seat .. Are you riding a stock seat ? ... maybe try an air hawk seat that you can adjust yourself I have one if you want to try it ?

I'm 2 inches taller than you. I fabricated my on forwards. I also modified the seat. Sometimes my feet start to go numb if I ride too long but positioning them differently on the pegs help. Change your riding position every once in a while and you will be good.

I have 17's refined forwards any slight adjustments could help in your positioning maybe upgrade your seat to a morley seat .. Are you riding a stock seat ? ... maybe try an air hawk seat that you can adjust yourself I have one if you want to try it ?
I replaced my seat with a morely seat while bringing the bike back to life and find it much more comfortable compared to the original. Maybe I'll mess around with the control toe height to possibly get them in a more comfortable position.

Thanks for all who have responded with advice. I will try to make some adjustments and maybe try to change my posture/position. So far I am finding the fwd controls to be a much better riding position than the stock pegs for my needs. Just have to get everything dialed in!

I alternate between the cruiser position on the forwards and a cafe style on the passenger pegs. I've seen pics of me riding on the passenger pegs, looks f&#kin cool. The latter position allows for me to arch my back out of the hunch position you can get into while cuising on the forwards.

As a bigger guy, 6'4" and 300#'s, I was having some issues with the stock riding position. I recently added the Refined cycle 14" forward controlls and am very happy with the relief they have given me with my legs, knees, and hips. Unfortunately I am now having lower back pain if riding over an hour. Just was wondering if those who have added the forward controls also had experienced any comfort issues after the switch. I was wondering if adding handlebar risers might help with being able to lean back a bit more while riding.
Thanks
I have Billet Bike Bits Forward Controls an love them. To me they just look/flow better. I just wish there was a heel an toe shifter available.

Attachments

• received_621210069874139.jpeg
    received_621210069874139.jpeg
    614 KB · Views: 4
I have Billet Bike Bits Forward Controls an love them. To me they just look/flow better. I just wish there was a heel an toe shifter available.
Hi Buddy, I fitted Refined Cycle forwards on my VMax and I can now ride without the cramps that I was suffering in my calfs and thighs. They are brilliant, well made and look good.

Hi Buddy, I fitted Refined Cycle forwards on my VMax and I can now ride without the cramps that I was suffering in my calfs and thighs. They are brilliant, well made and look good.
I've seen them but I don't think they look/ flow as good as these. I just want a heel toe shifter. If not I'm going to some type of air/solenoid shifter and some type of ignition interrupter.https://www.billetbikebits.com/product-page/yamaha-vmax-forward-controls

Back