Dad crashes bike into house~!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BamaMax

Reaction score
Alright guys, you won't believe this shit. My 70 yr. old dad comes over today and I ask him if he wants to ride my Vmax. He used to ride a hardley yrs ago. I got on my ZRX1100 (Eddie Lawson replica) and I let him ride my '89 max. Great ride - about 75 in early Jan, clear blue skies, nice.. We make about a 20 mile loop and I pull into my driveway with my dad following me. The wife's car is parked in front of the open garage. I pull along side it and into the garage. My dad lets the max slip off of the pavement, and I guess, that made him gas it~!!! Right into my house and then down on the concrete. My dad is down and hurt. I skid the ZRX to a stop, jump off, and amazingly easily - I snatch the Vmax up (up an incline no less). I put it on the kickstand and attend to my dad. He's wrenching in pain grabbing his knees. I make him lie there a while and then start to bend his legs back and forth for him. Amazingly, he is pretty much unscathed - other than some bruised knees! I guess the crash bars may have saved him and most of my bike... He ripped the 2"x6" off of my garage side and knocked the door rail out. I worked on the house for aout an hour and was able to get the garage door to shut anyway... Bad day brothers...

Anyway, I am now in need of a left side drivers footrest and bracket, shift lever assembly, could use a kickstand, and a chrome brake lever -- or a set of matching levers...I think this will get me back up and running. It also screwed up my throttle grip... I'm going to post this in parts wanted also -- thought that it might get more exposure here also. :worthy:

Thanks dudes..
BamaMax

Attachments

• DSCN4532.jpg
    DSCN4532.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 61
  • DSCN4526.jpg
    DSCN4526.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 64
Bummer! Sounds like Kyle has you fixed up. We could so some work on it as well if desired.

Sean

Bum deal........But I'm glad damage was minimal to both your dad and property....................................Tom.

That is a crazy story bro. Sorry to here it. At least your Dad is ok bruised knees and egos heal better than broken bones. Hope it all works out.

One day you will TREASURE that story. Glad he's O.K. and ready to ride at 70 . :clapping::clapping::clapping:

Glad your Dad is going to be ok. I'll consider myself lucky if I'm still breathing at 70. If your bars are tweaked, I still have a stock one here that your more than welcome to it.

Thanks for the kind words guys. Happy to report that Dad is fine, house is mostly repaired, and I should have some parts on the way in a day or so. I haven't had time to check the bars, but I will.
If I see that I end up needing any other parts ~ I'll hit you guys up~!
I really appreciate this board and the cool folks here :punk:

Latest posts

Back