Darwin Award winners

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
Whoever hangs-out w/these people who work like this, don't! Stupidity may be contagious. Florida's shade tree mechanics and getting the tree ready for work.

Attachments

• tree trimmer.jpg
    tree trimmer.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 68
  • Volvo on blocks.pdf
    199.1 KB · Views: 26
Whoever hangs-out w/these people who work like this, don't! Stupidity may be contagious. Florida's shade tree mechanics and getting the tree ready for work.

LOL...I'm not surprised. I used to work with a guy...his wife called him Wile E Coyote, after he was standing on a tree branch that he was cutting. He sawed on the branch BETWEEN him and the tree trunk. He fell 10 ft.....and was unhurt.

I was up on a ladder leaning against a big branch last week.

The branch snapped a few weeks before and part of it was touching the ground.

I proceeded to hack the branch off near the break. As soon as the broken piece was free, the branch "jumped " up about a foot due to the release of weight. Luckily, I had extended the ladder quite a bit abovd the branch.

I went for a little ride but there were a couple inches of ladder left for safety.

My wife was overly concerned as usual, LOL.

Shoulda seen me cutting down some 65' trees in my front yard. HV power lines and a busy road on one side, HV power on another side. My house on the 3rd side, the neighbors house and both our gas meters on side 4. I'm no tree guy and after doing these 2 bad boys I don't think the guys up in the tree tops get paid enough. I can't express how nervous I was hanging out of the tree, chainsaw in hand, cutting big chunks off at a time with the saw directly in front of me with no where to go if it kicked back or the piece came down wrong.

I used my tower climbing gear (which I haven't used in years) to position myself safely. I feel more at home 300' up on steel than 65' up with a chainsaw cutting a big trunk over my head!

You should go to church & light a candle every Sunday for a year for getting through the tree cutting safely.

I once had a rescue call where a fellow cutting his lawn tried to kick-loose something caught under the lawnmower deck. He was wearing tennis shoes. His wife called rescue when he began screaming. He hadn't bothered to stop the engine & blade or to disconnect the spark plug.

We got there, and he was sitting on the ground. He had a bloody towel wrapped-around his foot and his tennis shoe was still on. I told my co-worker to be ready w/the multi-trauma dressings when I asked the pt to remove the towel. Both did as they were told, the towel came off, and I removed the tennis shoe. I saw where he would now have to buy two pairs of shoes, one size 10 and one size six, and use one from each. I picked up the shoe, and turned it upside-down, and his toes fell into the kidney basin I had placed below it.

We wrapped him up, stopped the bleeding, and transported him to the hospital. I dunno if they got any toes back on.

I have to speculate that increased IQ comes with increased chance for injury if subjected to the same accident a dullard can walk away from unscathed.

I literally could not work in the ER, I ruled that out after a week long rotation. I'm far to judgmental and feel wrong about fucking up the progress Darwin is trying to make.

You should go to church & light a candle every Sunday for a year for getting through the tree cutting safely.

I once had a rescue call where a fellow cutting his lawn tried to kick-loose something caught under the lawnmower deck. He was wearing tennis shoes. His wife called rescue when he began screaming. He hadn't bothered to stop the engine & blade or to disconnect the spark plug.

We got there, and he was sitting on the ground. He had a bloody towel wrapped-around his foot and his tennis shoe was still on. I told my co-worker to be ready w/the multi-trauma dressings when I asked the pt to remove the towel. Both did as they were told, the towel came off, and I removed the tennis shoe. I saw where he would now have to buy two pairs of shoes, one size 10 and one size six, and use one from each. I picked up the shoe, and turned it upside-down, and his toes fell into the kidney basin I had placed below it.

We wrapped him up, stopped the bleeding, and transported him to the hospital. I dunno if they got any toes back on.

Similar thing happened to a guy that I worked work.
He was mowing his lawn on a riding tractor and somehow managed to run his own foot over. I never did understand how that is possible? I asked him to explain but, it never made any sense to me.

He lost his big toe. It took him a bit to get used to walking again.

Had one of my workers send me a text on Sunday night. Said he wouldn't make it to work on Monday. Said he has a Drx excuse.

This morning he handed me an excuse from the emergency room. I asked what happened? He said he was loading up his crossbow. (Archery season is in swing here in PA). Somehow, the bow released and he shot himself in the foot. Not with an arrow. It was with some piece of plastic or something. I'm not a crossbow owner so I'm not too sure how that works....

The ER doctor asked him what brand of crossbow. After telling the Dr, he said that this was the third incident this season from that brand of bow. Apparently there is a plastic catch that holds the drawstring on this brand that is breaking.

Class-action lawsuit! Wonder if it's yet on the CPSC Consumer Product Safety Commission list?

Similar thing happened to a guy that I worked work.
He was mowing his lawn on a riding tractor and somehow managed to run his own foot over. I never did understand how that is possible? I asked him to explain but, it never made any sense to me.

He lost his big toe. It took him a bit to get used to walking again.

Had one of my workers send me a text on Sunday night. Said he wouldn't make it to work on Monday. Said he has a Drx excuse.

This morning he handed me an excuse from the emergency room. I asked what happened? He said he was loading up his crossbow. (Archery season is in swing here in PA). Somehow, the bow released and he shot himself in the foot. Not with an arrow. It was with some piece of plastic or something. I'm not a crossbow owner so I'm not too sure how that works....

The ER doctor asked him what brand of crossbow. After telling the Dr, he said that this was the third incident this season from that brand of bow. Apparently there is a plastic catch that holds the drawstring on this brand that is breaking.[/QUOTE]

Found a few more

11870892_1178695442147381_8987494471155921868_n.jpg

11905777_1705058766389635_4413263870879463407_n.jpg

darwinfacebook-thumb.jpg

4e23ef4825c4c6099079d7e8ce330d98.jpg

At least this guy does it with a sense of flare
darwin-ebaumsworld-thumb-Recovered.jpg

That's the first ive seen the Mexican saw horse or the ladder on wires photos. Crazy stuff!

Some people deserve to be hurt just so they can learn from their stupidity

Back