Deals Gap September 18-19th.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As of now I'm in, I managed to keep back enough $$$ from my trip to CO last month. Damn near starved/froze to death eating trail mix in a tent, but I have the dough to get to Deal's Gap and camp. Ya'll are staying at the resort itself, right? Nobody's at Iron Horse or Kickstand?

Another question: regarding the twisties, I'm fairly aggressive, I don't know how to NOT ride the twisties hard. I'm really scared to hit 6k RPMs while leaned over in a corner, and launch myself off the mountain when the Vboost kicks in. So I'm going to unhook it for this trip. Is that a bad idea? Can I just unhook the module and put the scoop back on and ride?

Really looking forward to meeting some of ya'll there!

As of now I'm in, I managed to keep back enough $$$ from my trip to CO last month. Damn near starved/froze to death eating trail mix in a tent, but I have the dough to get to Deal's Gap and camp. Ya'll are staying at the resort itself, right? Nobody's at Iron Horse or Kickstand?

Another question: regarding the twisties, I'm fairly aggressive, I don't know how to NOT ride the twisties hard. I'm really scared to hit 6k RPMs while leaned over in a corner, and launch myself off the mountain when the Vboost kicks in. So I'm going to unhook it for this trip. Is that a bad idea? Can I just unhook the module and put the scoop back on and ride?

certainly can. thats how i ran mine wide open until i built a switch.

for $4 u can build your own. just splice it in between the black wire on the 3 port connector. I pulled both spade connectors out of the plastic thing and put a switch inline. that way u can goto stock or flip it to off (as long as u are below 6k) on the fly.

u can also stop it anywhere in the cycle when it does the self test if u want.

CB , I would leave it as is , and ride the twisties first. There will be plenty of knowlegeable maxers there with tools & parts ( unhook the boost, t-boost, stage 7, etc. ) to make it do what you want , when you want.

I think a couple of guys said they were staying at the Iron Horse. But most are staying at the Gap Resort, to my knowledge.
If you haven't reserved a room yet and want one, you better hop to it,
Or bring your tent with ya. And Rollie is right CB, there will be plenty of us there that can show you how to disconnect your boost if you want to.
Me I just use the LPP method for the curves.
Look
Press
Pray

OK great, just wanted to make sure nothing weird would happen if the Vboost was disconnected.

Gonna be tenting it....and the tenting there is a little boggy in the middle! I'll try to show up early so I can get a high spot.

I rode the Gap with a Max and I don't think I hit v-boost once. The distance between corners is so short and the Max has so much torque, it wasn't necessary. Don't think I used more than two gears most of the time. Smoothness is the secret to going fast at the Gap so this won't happen - :stretche:. (Just my opinion).

I rode the Gap with a Max and I don't think I hit v-boost once. The distance between corners is so short and the Max has so much torque, it wasn't necessary. Don't think I used more than two gears most of the time. Smoothness is the secret to going fast at the Gap so this won't happen - :stretche:. (Just my opinion).

You're right, the Gap is so tight you just don't need much. But all those fantastic roads in the area, they are another story!

I never said I was a really smooth rider, just a little aggressive in the twisties. Not the typical cruiser rider but by no means a squidly demon or an expert rider, either. I just wanna keep the bike on the road so I don't embarass myself!

You're right, the Gap is so tight you just don't need much. But all those fantastic roads in the area, they are another story!

I never said I was a really smooth rider, just a little aggressive in the twisties. Not the typical cruiser rider but by no means a squidly demon or an expert rider, either. I just wanna keep the bike on the road so I don't embarass myself!

Well you could always just... uummm... slow down or something.

Front end done , Michelins and 17 " Kaw wheels next. Hold on , I'm coming . " Sam and Dave " circa 1967 .

I've just been informed there is no cell phone service at The Dragon. :confused2:
Didn't know this existed in this day and age. :ummm:

Also I was looking at the forecast last night and saw that temps are supposed to be in the high 70's during the day with lows in the low 50's at night for the whole weekend And Chance of Precipitation is 20%. So plan accordingly.

I made my packing list today. And I'll do all my mapping tonight.
I am so ready!!! :eusa_dance:

I'm more and more thinking I'm gonna be in on this :)

I currently have the carbs off the bike tryinna get to the bottom of my current misfiring/losing 1 cylinder/gas leak problem, but as long as I get it sorted I think I'll be in for the ride.

Just to confirm - you're looking at camping for 3 nights, right? I have a small tent still just gotta grab it from Tampa. As previously mentioned I will give you a definite yes or no by Monday at the latest.

So up for it too!

I'm more and more thinking I'm gonna be in on this :)

I currently have the carbs off the bike tryinna get to the bottom of my current misfiring/losing 1 cylinder/gas leak problem, but as long as I get it sorted I think I'll be in for the ride.

Just to confirm - you're looking at camping for 3 nights, right? I have a small tent still just gotta grab it from Tampa. As previously mentioned I will give you a definite yes or no by Monday at the latest.

So up for it too!

Yes G,
Camping is only $12.something a night.
Yes you'll need a tent because I think the rooms are all booked. But I can't say for sure. And we can be riding buddies and all, but I'm not sharing my tent with a guy. So don't forget yours!
And I'm Not too happy about the 50 degrees at night, but I'll deal with it like I did at Bike Week.

Last edited:
OK guys and Gal...
I just checked the forecast again. Rain chances just went up to 40% on Friday and 60% on Saturday.

I got my maps all done. Check list is all Done.
Tomorrow it's PMCS on the Truck and wash and clean her up. Then Sunday PMCS on Baby, then wash and polish her up.

Then All I have to do is Pack up on Wednesday night and leave Thursday mourning.

Rollie,
I am heading up 75 all the way through Florida & Georgia towards Atlanta, then I was going to take 285 in Forest Park and go around the west side of Atlanta, to 75 and head up to 575 and take that out to Hwy 515 North to the gap.
Is that the best way through Atlanta?
Where abouts along the way do you want to meet up?

hey Robert, just so I can start planning, what time do you wanna leave on Thursday morning?

Also, PM me your address so I can plan my trip to you.

cheerz

OK guys and Gal...
I just checked the forecast again. Rain chances just went up to 40% on Friday and 60% on Saturday.

I got my maps all done. Check list is all Done.
Tomorrow it's PMCS on the Truck and wash and clean her up. Then Sunday PMCS on Baby, then wash and polish her up.

Then All I have to do is Pack up on Wednesday night and leave Thursday mourning.

Rollie,
I am heading up 75 all the way through Florida & Georgia towards Atlanta, then I was going to take 285 in Forest Park and go around the west side of Atlanta, to 75 and head up to 575 and take that out to Hwy 515 North to the gap.
Is that the best way through Atlanta?
Where abouts along the way do you want to meet up?
Listen to 750 a.m. radio when you get about 75 miles from Hot 'Lanta. 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. you should be able to go straight through town , depending on accidents. There is some construction on the downtown I-75 / I-85 connector , but it usually ceases during the main drive times. I'm still working on the cf '98 . Front end is on, but I'm changing the fender & tire as it came with "500" miles on it but I want it to match the rear Michelin PP 2 ct . Swing arm is on , but new billet valve stems haven't arrived yet. I may have to wait until Friday , Saturday to roll. I'll stay in touch via cell until you get to the Gap. If you have any problems with the truck or trailer , call & I'll come get ya. 404-867-2100 cell

Back