Definetly a full moon

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmax1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
MAn I went to go for a ride tonight. I noticed I was low on fuel as I looked at the trip odometer. I went to the corner chevron station and filled her up with fuel. I started my ride and everything was going great, bike was running good and pulling hard when I twisted the grip. Suddenly I had to stop because of construction. I was sitting hoping traffic would move. I sat there until the fan went on then decided to turn around at the street ahead. I start heading back home and find the bike is now running bad.:confused2: I tried the choke a couple of times while riding, still ran bad. I did make it back home to find the bike running rich. Must have got some crap in the carbs after I filled it up. Looks I know what I'll be doing tommorow. THIS SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:ranting:

MAn I went to go for a ride tonight. I noticed I was low on fuel as I looked at the trip odometer. I went to the corner chevron station and filled her up with fuel. I started my ride and everything was going great, bike was running good and pulling hard when I twisted the grip. Suddenly I had to stop because of construction. I was sitting hoping traffic would move. I sat there until the fan went on then decided to turn around at the street ahead. I start heading back home and find the bike is now running bad.:confused2: I tried the choke a couple of times while riding, still ran bad. I did make it back home to find the bike running rich. Must have got some crap in the carbs after I filled it up. Looks I know what I'll be doing tommorow. THIS SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:ranting:

OUCH!!!!!

Yep...full moon all right.....I'm at work.....911 dispatcher.....:damn angry:

Re: Definitely a full moon

thats always one of my biggest fears about riding far from home , getting some shit gas & being in the side of the road !

That's why I carry a couple hotel shampoo bottles full of seafoam under the seat. Every so often I'll get shit gas and the bike runs like poo-poo, but usually still rideable. Weak idle or maybe some hesitation underway, but nothing that would leave you stranded. Even so, next stop I pour an ounce of seafoam in and it usually works things out.

I dunno about bikes, but on my snowmobile if the temp starts to run hot (like in poor snow, or idling too long), the fuel will percolate in the carbs and it starts to run like crap...won't idle, lots of hesitation, ect. Espicially since Yamaha sleds have factory carb heaters...pipes coolant through special jackets built into the carbs. The solution there was to install a shutoff valve to stop hot coolant from boiling the fuel, but I imagine the carbs sitting on top of a hot V4 with the fan blowing hot air all over the place could have the same effect.

What about the next day? Did it still run bad?

Latest posts

Back