Desmohog

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TURBOVMAX

Reaction score
Not a Vmax... but very cool

Desmohog.jpg

Wow, that is a really interesting bike. Never heard of it. I was trying to figure out what kind of heads were on it then I decided to google desmohog. Felt kind of dumb that I did not put 2 and 2 together from the name but it makes perfect sense after seeing the webpage. Whoever is building that stuff has some skills.

I didn't google it but looking at it & not counting the name, it looks like a pair of Norton heads/jugs on a Shovelhead bottom end, seeing the 'cone' side cover.

Going by the name, it's probably a Ducati pair of cyl's/heads on a Big Twin TC 88 bottom end.

I kinda like the thought of a 90 degree V4 Norton. I've always liked the 750/850 Norton engine as an example of a 'clean' design. Putting a pair of parallel-twin top-ends on a common crankcase sounds like a neat idea, kinda like what we all ride! Of course, being air-cooled, it would be less powerful, but wouldn't you want to hear that engine wind-out?

Anyone recall the machinist working w/two FZR400's on a common crankcase to make a punched-out 1000 cc V-8?
http://home.mira.net/~iwd/index.html

Where's a Diavel when you wanna roost one w/one of these Drysdales?

Yeah, I have seen that CBX video before, maybe after a prompt from possibly another post on here. It smokes a bit, huh? Sounds great though. No fear of seeing your ride on the other side of an intersection unless someone stole it from your garage.

LOL yea it smokes and he's probably still working on it. I just really enjoy watching him show it.

That bike is just plain awesome. I would love to see what that double journal crank looks like. I would love to find an old cbx (6) one day

A guy named Alan Millyard from England has made some 4 & 5 cylinder motors based on Kawasaki triples. Think of a 5 cylinder 1200 cc 2-stroke inline 5, or a 1000cc 4! He did various sizes and cylinder numbers over the years, and his workmanship is amazing. Google Alan Millyard

He REALLY outdid himself when he made a V8 out of a couple KZ1000 air cooled motors and a 2300cc V12 from 2 KZ 1300 6 cylinders.

Then he knocked it out of the park when he built a bike based on a v10 Viper motor.

For a grin, google "48 Cylinder Kawasaki" This is madness.....

Attachments

• 122_Kawv12_Engllg+Kawasaki_2300cc_V12+Full_Engine_View.jpg
    122_Kawv12_Engllg+Kawasaki_2300cc_V12+Full_Engine_View.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 22
  • imagesv8.jpg
    imagesv8.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 19
  • indexkaw5.jpg
    indexkaw5.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 19
  • indexv10.jpg
    indexv10.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 20
  • 48cylinder_bike.jpg
    48cylinder_bike.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 19
Yes, the Kawi triples can supposedly be modded by pressing the cranks together in whatever odd # combo you want. Isn't it fun to see what ingenuity can create?

Thank you for posting the pics Bill. Haven't seen those works... wow. I wonder sometimes why the factories don't pick up on some of this stuff.

+1 It sure is fun to see what talented people can create

:clapping: ?The Desmohog was not designed to make the Harley engine something it will never be, I did it because I could,? says builder Chris Barber.

The Desmohog has been posted on the Kneeslider blog a couple times. If you're interested in stuff like this, check it out.

I can see how he wanted to do it "just because I could", but come on.... a clunky Harley engine with old Ducati heads? Neither is exactly known for being, well, any good. A match made in hell if ever there was one.

Well look at the Vincent re-creators and the Brough guys, they can make a new one out of new metals and manufacturing processes, and they seem to have a market for the stuff. Of course, this Desmohog is more of an "I did it" kind-of a thing.

The Kneeslider is a great place to spend hours.

John I have it somewhere... I'll try to find it when I have some time.

Rusty now that's something eh 3500+ CC's. New meaning to the term... Milwaukee Vibrator

The Desmohog has been posted on the Kneeslider blog a couple times. If you're interested in stuff like this, check it out.

I can see how he wanted to do it "just because I could", but come on.... a clunky Harley engine with old Ducati heads? Neither is exactly known for being, well, any good. A match made in hell if ever there was one.

I would own one. That bike is just plain simple awesome! Took some old parts and pieces out of a graveyard box and made a jewel.

Back