dies once it is warmed upon

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aikidoka

Reaction score
Runs fine until warmed up then has trouble maintaining idle and will die. Any suggestions?

Check that your a/f mixtures screws are at their highest point on a carbtune sync and then sync all the vacuums on the carbs all the same-
Does it die when you hit the throttle?

How 'warmed up' before it goes to schit? If after the fan kicks on, it could be a charging issue. If before, most likely carbs, IMO.

Not 100% sure this is your issue, but I had a problem where the bike would start fine cold. It would warm up, then start to sputter, then fail all together.. It would not start again till I let the bike cool down for about 20 minutes or so.. Then it would start back up, run till it got warm, then die again. I posted my issues on another site before I found out about this one..
See my story here... Hope it puts you on the right track.
http://www.starvmax.com/kunena/28-help-desk/173491-91-vmx12-question/mode-replies?limitstart=0

IMHO: First thing is to check the idle setting. Turn the idle up and see if it will stay running.
Next thing is to check for carbs having a dirty idle circuit. If so it's time to do a serious cleaning or rebuild.
Slight possibility that it's a sync problem.

seems to have just needed the carbs cleaned. Float needle.valve needed replacing on one carb. Fiddled with the idle and it doesn't die now. Fan kicks on with no problem as well

seems to have just needed the carbs cleaned. Float needle.valve needed replacing on one carb. Fiddled with the idle and it doesn't die now. Fan kicks on with no problem as well ��
Good news.
Always start with the smallest jet.

Latest posts

Back