Do rear signals stay on

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VmaXXX

Reaction score
Maybe a dumb question but...
Noticed my rear signals stay off except when signaling; however, both the fronts are always on. Just wondering if that's the setup or if I need to start troubleshooting.

Most states it is illegal to have rear facing amber colored running lights (sort of why boats have different color lights on the front/rear so you can tell if someone is coming at you or away from you). You could change the lens out to clear and install red bulbs on a set of fronts used on the rear then add the running wire to them for rear facing red.

My 1972 Yamaha 360 Enduro I bought new, had rear-facing red turn signal stalk lights. I don't believe they were 3-wire (running lights/turn signals) but I cannot recall. Within a half-year I'd turned it into a off-road only bike, so the f & r turn signal stalks were removed. I still have it.

Most states it is illegal to have rear facing amber colored running lights (sort of why boats have different color lights on the front/rear so you can tell if someone is coming at you or away from you). You could change the lens out to clear and install red bulbs on a set of fronts used on the rear then add the running wire to them for rear facing red.
That explains it. I could’ve sworn the rears on my last 3 bikes doubled as running lights and thought I was losing it. I completely forgot they were red (Harleys). Thanks guys. Although I'm still probably losing it.

That explains it. I could’ve sworn the rears on my last 3 bikes doubled as running lights and thought I was losing it. I completely forgot they were red (Harleys). Thanks guys. Although I'm still probably losing it.
Don't beat yourself up... I did the same thing, when I first got mine. The fronts were on and the backs weren't... Oh, MAN... what's wrong with them? Then it donned on me... :rolleyes:😂

Back