Do you know where this goes?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2stangs69-91

Reaction score
I am putting my Vmax back together after replacing 2nd and 3rd gear. I found this little clip and can not remember where it goes? A little help please..lol Thanks

Attachments

• clip.zip
    494.3 KB · Views: 68
That's not a clip that I recognise and I had my engine apart a few months ago, what size is it?

maybe this one only Sean can answer

Nothing in the parts fiche jumps out either, could it have broken off some other part (or tool) like a spring or shift bar mechanism ?

Looks more like a busted piece off something larger???

No it is a actual clip type thing it reminds me of the piece that holds the park brake cable lever on to a brake shoe? lol i looked through all my pics and I cant figure it out....I am almost done so i will see what falls off..I guess it is good nobody knows maybe I dropped it in the box?..lol

Do you still have the wiring part I am talking about? There wiring guide I am talking about has that exact same profile since the round wire is "smashed" where the bolt tightens up. It's not uncommon for that part to break off leaving pretty much exactly what you have in the picture.

No I do not have that part they came on 2006 ? that must be it then because there is no bolt I have not touched on this bike at this point. thanks. I know if it was something important you would pick it out right away.

Oh oh oh..........since I first guessed it looked like it was broken off a bigger piece, do I get the prizefor coming in closest?

I really wanted you to find out where or what it was but my real quest was to stump Sean.......I don't think it can be done:bang head:

:biglaugh:Who has that tag-line, "it's a fat-chick feeler, to prevent embarassment when it drags on the ground, you have to get-off," or something like that? Isn't that what the poster who uses that was referring-to? "What is that 'pig's tail' thing under your bike?"

:biglaugh:Who has that tag-line, "it's a fat-chick feeler, to prevent embarassment when it drags on the ground, you have to get-off," or something like that? Isn't that what the poster who uses that was referring-to? "What is that 'pig's tail' thing under your bike?"

You must be referring to none other than "RaWarrior".

What's that spring thing hanging down behind the oil pan?"

"Its a pig tail curb feeler, you will hear it drag with big ladies on the back indicating that they should get off. Its yamaha's way of looking out for the image of the bike." -vmaxcruzer

Medic, are you insinuating he had someone so big on his bike ,he broke it off even with the oil pan?:rofl_200:

Here's the unbroken part

Attachments

• 2012-10-01_16-42-44_777.jpg
    2012-10-01_16-42-44_777.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 11
Yeah, "Ra" was the first person I thought-of when I was trying to recall, but I was too-lazy to search his name to see if that was it. I figured someone would know whose line it was.

"Ra" is pretty-young compared to me anyways, I don't think he has to resort to seeking 'fat-females.' Though some people do like the 'plus-sized' females. One of my fire-rescue co-workers, Lenny, an inveterate long-term biker, liked the extra you got w/that-size, just his preference. I don't know if there is any truth to the rumor that he bought a new H-D trike ($30,000+!) so he could never have to worry-about hauling one of those women, but then, he's married. :rofl_200:I disavow any knowlege of his philandering...:ummm:

I think there's an old country song about a guy who likes big women, who carried a piece of chalk w/him, so he could mark his starting spot, as he worked his way around his Big Woman. One day, he met another fellow, also 'working his way-around,' but coming from the opposite direction!:rofl_200:

I went out and checked it and after further review you can tell one half is broken off. The second pic by one2max confirmed it(even though he knew it all the time). thanks !! I feel much better now. hate to loose something at 9500 rpm..lol thanks Sean !!

Back