Do You Own Old and New Max

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gregoryuw

Reaction score
Do You Own A Old and New Max

Hey guys , just at my local Yamaha dealer thats a friend of mine and he had just got a new 2013 Mr.Max in the showroom . I have had my eye on one but have not pulled the trigger yet .
I have my 2007 that I am still improving with mods but not getting too carried away ... Ok I little carried away .
Any of you guys have both machines ? There is just something about the first generation ... Vmax commands respect , especially the later models ...
I was consider selling one or two of my other bikes and pick up a 2013 Vmax .
How do you guys like the new model , I have yet to ride one yet but like what I see and read .

I've both, the Gen II is a BIG bike with good power and GREAT handling(for what it is) trip range sucks due to small tank and the Mods cost more.with all that sad I smile every time I ride it and I'll never sell it..............of coarse I'll never sell my Gen I either! OH yeah plan on buying alot of tires.

For a couple months last year, had both an 06 Gen1 and an 10 Gen2 sharing space in the garage together. (pic below)

Felt guilty that I was giving too much attention to the Gen2 ... so I shared the joy of Vmax ownership with a first-time Vmax rider from Jackson, Mi who wanted to give the 06 a good home... and beat his Harley riding buddies ! :punk:

Attachments

• Gen1 & Gen2 bikes.jpg
    Gen1 & Gen2 bikes.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 45
I have both an original 85 that I bought new, and now have an 09 that I bought used this past fall. Still love them both, but admit the 85 won't see as many miles this year. The mod monkey never got his claws in me nearly the whole 28yrs I've had the 85, but I've already made a couple changes to the 09 to "make it mine".

My wife also has her own customized 09.

Last edited:
I own a 2009 and also had a 2000 Tourmaster 1500 for the first couple of seasons after I bought my 09. The only reason I sold the 2000 was for money to upgrade the 09. Totally different bikes in my opinion. Both great rides as well. I often miss my 2000 Vmax. Course, my 2000 was totally upgraded with everything imaginable.

rick rash

My first gen 07 has a KTM 990 SMR supermoto , KTM 690 SMC supermoto , 690 Enduro R and a naked SV 650 to keep him company .
Soon as the weather breaks in the northeast I hope to take a test ride on a new Mr.Max to see if I'm missing out on anything .

I went on my 07 and looked at a reasonably priced 09 today. I was surprised at how much LARGER the bike is. I may have to make room in my garage for it really soon. :biglaugh:

For a couple months last year, had both an 06 Gen1 and an 10 Gen2 sharing space in the garage together. (pic below)

Felt guilty that I was giving too much attention to the Gen2 ... so I shared the joy of Vmax ownership with a first-time Vmax rider from Jackson, Mi who wanted to give the 06 a good home... and beat his Harley riding buddies ! :punk:

That`s the spirit! :clapping:

In 2009, not long after I bought my 2005 (paid cash), I checked out some Gen II bikes at several shops.
Was thinking about pulling the trigger on one, but was choking on the price. Didn't want to trade in the 05, and didn't want to do payments; so I passed.
In 2010, I started looking again; it was an instant replay, and I passed again.
In late 2010 I bought my 2007 (paid cash).

I still own & ride the 05, and the 07.:eusa_dance:
No regrets, and no payments.:confused2:

Jester 42

Attachments

• My VMax.jpg
    My VMax.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 15
Well I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the bike I was looking at. :clapping: So for a while I have them both and they are night and day different.

Attachments

• Twins 2.jpg
    Twins 2.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 14
  • Mr Max Vs Earthquake.jpg
    Mr Max Vs Earthquake.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 15
Back