Does anyone have a picture of the center stand on bike

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EAGLEPI

Reaction score
Hi All,

I want to be able to use my center stand when I do work on my VNAX and I can't figure out how the stand is connected. I can see the 2 brackets where the center stand goes but the holes are a lot smaller than the 2 center stand bolts.

I would like to see how the center stand looks on the bike. If someone still has the stock exhaust and using the center stand I would appreciate if you could post a picture of how it is connected the the brackets. I'm mainly interested in how the bolts fit.

The bolts have a small thin tip but the rest of it is very thick and I can't see how it will fit, they fit the holes on the centerstand but not the brackets that the center stand attaches to.

If anyone uses it when they do work and then removes it if you happen to have a pic I would appreciate seeing it.

thanks
Ron

does this help?

Attachments

• SSPX0355.jpg
    SSPX0355.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 65
There are piddly little brackets and spring holder that you'll need, unless you have them I'd suggest just slipping it in when needed. I took mine off to fit a 4-2-2 and just pin it when ever I need a lift. I don't have pics, someone else will have to help you on that but make sure the part that you step on is on the left hand side. I install mine from the right side while on the side stand, the arms on the stand go in between the two on the bike. Once in place, slip the bolt through from the outside in through all three. The shank part is what the stand itself will pivot on. finger tighten the nuts and use. Take off in reverse order. hope this helped a little.

There are piddly little brackets and spring holder that you'll need, unless you have them I'd suggest just slipping it in when needed. I took mine off to fit a 4-2-2 and just pin it when ever I need a lift. I don't have pics, someone else will have to help you on that but make sure the part that you step on is on the left hand side. I install mine from the right side while on the side stand, the arms on the stand go in between the two on the bike. Once in place, slip the bolt through from the outside in through all three. The shank part is what the stand itself will pivot on. finger tighten the nuts and use. Take off in reverse order. hope this helped a little.

Thanks, I know how it works, my only question is about the bolts and how they attach.. but thanks for your reply

Ron

does this help?

yes it kinda helps I can see the bolts and they go as one would assume they go in but last time I looked at the bracket holes I didn't see a hole big enough to handle the thickness of the bolt. maybe I just didn't look close enough

Thanks
Ron

just make sure the nut goes on the outside.

see on the pic above the bolt side is clearly on the inside.

mine could have been put on wrong? lets look at the microfiche.

mine are backwards. weird. well the stand is off now anyways. hah

Well aint that something. engineers sitting around thinking of ways to change the next years model. "lets put the center stand bolts on backwards" LOL Oh I almost forgot the paint color. Oh well it doesn't matter now, they gave us a new gen to play with.

Back