Don't hate me...but i'm thinking about getting rid of max...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're going to drive right through my town on 80... I live in the Quad Cities which is the area right after the Mississippi River in IA.

2.5 hours from DesMoines.

maybe we can stop and meet you for lunch/dinner beforehand?

Abe

Hey MDoe8 I didn't realize you were in Greeley, I'm over in Fort Collins. I just skimmed across your FZ1 on craigslist. I work over at Guitar Center and my Max is always out front. We should get together and go for a ride one of these days.

Definitely! I'm not familiar with where guitar center is located. Is that up in Fort Collins? We'll definitely have to meet up here shortly. I've seen a black vmax around town as well as a new vmax (his old yellow one is for sale at the harley/honda dealership in greeley).

well everything is set in stone. We're meeting in Des Moines around 7 pm on Wednesday! I rejetted the FZ for his altitude last night and he is in the process of removing the nitrous (he'll probably pop that for sale around here if anyone is interested!). I've also got a new front tire coming. i believe he has ordered a new rear tire and i just got done ordering new turn signals! Gotta love bying parts for a bike you technically don't own yet ;)

well everything is set in stone. We're meeting in Des Moines around 7 pm on Wednesday! I rejetted the FZ for his altitude last night and he is in the process of removing the nitrous (he'll probably pop that for sale around here if anyone is interested!). I've also got a new front tire coming. i believe he has ordered a new rear tire and i just got done ordering new turn signals! Gotta love bying parts for a bike you technically don't own yet ;)

Hell yeah! I did order a new rear tire already so if you feel like doing one last burnout please do...:punk:

I am in the process of taking the nitrous off so if anyone is interested in the kit please let me know as I am going to sell it asap. I offered to give it to Jeff as some form of payback but being the stand up guy that he is, he refused!

As far as meeting wed is concerned, that sounds great and if you want to meet earlier that is fine as well. I am going to be turning around and heading back nearly 400 miles (gotta drop a friend off in another town) so if we can possible hit closer to 5pm that would be awesome. I realize you are covering a much greater distance than me so PLEASE do what you need to and if later is better for you so be it.

I'm pretty pumped!

We'll aim for 6 oclock at the earliest, i'm not much of a morning person. Basically, we'll aim to leave by 8....so we'll leave by 8:45-9:00.

I'll leave the last burnout for you. I'm NOT touching the bike anymore haha. Don't want to risk anything. I can see it already....I go and do a burnout and the bike slides out from under me and ruins the fairing lol.

I also may buy a different style headlight before I even get the bike. We'll see though. If not, it will be the third thing to go (turn signals and I'm going to reshape the seat). Other than that, it's already pretty much everything I would do to a Vmax!

the nitrous is staying on...i didn't have the time to remove it and it will make you money anyway!

Just cleaned her up one last time...had to wipe a few tears from the paint...

see you tomorrow around 6pm!

is the number i have called you on the cell? i just want to be able to call you while on the road tomorrow. you can contact me at the number i provided you...

Abe

Welp, swap is done! After 22 pain-staking hours (many of them were nebraska), i'm finally back home with the Vmax. Can't wait to fix the idle and then get out and ride! I don't want to be in a car for a month or two now.. lol

just cleaned the ol fazer up. still have not ridden it yet because it has rained 3 days straight now! took it around the block and that is all...

put the suspension back to stock but i think i will leave the handlebars where there at...seems to be a better fit for me.

u ride mad max yet? how does it run at your elevation?

Rode the max to work today. Just a short ride so I didn't get a good feel for it. Overall it ran fine. I am going to have to mess with the idle as it wants to die on me all the time. I haven't tried the 4-6k bog out yet either but I'll get to that. Overall there weren't too many issues and I enjoyed it! It's surprising how much a lowered fz1 feels similar to the vmax. Obviously they are totally different bikes but they really do have a similar feel. The Vmax feels smaller though. i can't see how a taller person would be that comfy on this bike! Thankfully I'm short and feel right at home :) The FZ1 is better suited for a taller person for sure.

The drastic elevation change is probably responsible for the reduced idle speed. Not sure all the mods that bike has but it's probably choking for air.

Yep, it most definitely is. And I buoght it knowing that i would have to rejet it to make it run correctly. Glad it still at least runs though. For now a simple turn of the idle screw got it going well enough until I decide to dig into it.

just got done riding it for the first time for a long distance...that thing has POWER! 1st and 2nd gear at WOT=wheelie all the way! It feels good to be on a light weight bike that handles again!

i got new tires put on and they found that the front wheel bearing was just starting to get rough...replaced it for free as long as I bought it from them as they already had the wheels off the bike.

restored the bike to stock height and DAM! Im 6 foot and tip toeing! no wonder why you lowered it!

pics to follow....

glad to hear you like it! It's definitely a wheelie machine. Supposed to be one of the easiest bikes to wheelie.

I lowered it and was still tippy toed lol...but i'm short. Try putting the stock seat back on. I modifed it so it sits much lower and narrower than the corbin, just might be what you're looking for.

Does NX sell the secondary fuel pump seperately? It's broken :( It pumps fine but the outlet nipple was cracked apparently.

Latest posts

Back