Don't have to work tomorrow

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Time to get the snowmobile out,I have the yamaha APEX it has the R1 engine in it. It's like a v max on snow. LOL

Yesterday on the news, they were calling for snowmobiles to help with emergency situations. The sun is shining right now but the snow band is supposed to come back later today. They finally opened my road up in the middle of the night. Now i get to go shovel the 5 ft of snow at the end of the driveway:bang head::damn angry:

Yesterday on the news, they were calling for snowmobiles to help with emergency situations. The sun is shining right now but the snow band is supposed to come back later today. They finally opened my road up in the middle of the night. Now i get to go shovel the 5 ft of snow at the end of the driveway:bang head::damn angry:

Gotta be nice to see the sun I bet! They're saying this is pretty much an unprecedented event....even in the 'lake effect belt'. Doesn't take very long at 5" an hour to have a substantial accum!

Lost my internet yesterday, but never lost power. There's around 4000 people with out power now. We got another 6 to 8 inches last night. still driving bands within 15 or so miles around me. One more lake effect band to deal with today. depending on your location, 1 to 2 ft more. The next issue that is starting to happen now, is roofs are starting to collapse from the snow load. Local BJ's has been evacuated, and the news is reporting a few local houses with roofs caving in. The temps are are supposed to hit near 60 degrees on sunday, so local flooding is expected. Here's a good one for you. Bills game is still on for sunday. They probably got 4 ft of snow around there. The stadium isn't to far from Dennis's house. There looking for shovelers to remove the snow from the stands, Isles, etc.:confused2: REALLY:confused2:

I'm just glad we still have power.
We haven't had any roof cave-ins on my street but a few trees are down.
We got about 6-8" more last night and they are calling for 18" to 2 feet more today.
So I will be running my snow blower off and on all day today.

As for the Bills stadium getting shoveled out, I don't see that happening till at least Saturday, if they are lucky.
There is still a driving ban here, so no one can even get to the stadium to get started shoveling yet.

Attachments

• Snowman-Buffalo-2014.jpg
    Snowman-Buffalo-2014.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 11
^ They can drive front end loaders onto the field and into the hallways.
So I'm assuming they will just need to shovel out the seats/stands/stairs and get it to somewhere some equipment can pick it up.

I thought I heard on the radio that they are relocating the Bill's home game to somewhere else for this Sunday.

Got another 16" today. I'd say i got a real 5' of snow total. Had to shovel paths for the dogs. way over there heads. I don't have to worry about them running off. Looks like the worst is over. Maybe a few inches tonight. Bills game is definately canceled for ralph wilson stadium. They didn't say anything about relocating. The good news is my little ariens 24" snow blower stood up to the challenge. I only had to stick my hand in to clean the augers a few times. (That was for firemedic:eusa_dance:) and I didn't have a heart attack from shoveling.

We had a two-stage TORO when I was shoveling the driveway in Rochester NY as a kid. One day, I had to get up early to do the driveway for dad to get out the garage to work, and I heard a scratching sound from the near 4' high garbage can. I looked inside and saw the biggest Norwegian rat I had ever-seen, it was jumping up to side of the container to about 1' below the rim. I took the barrel over to the top of the 20* grade driveway I had just plowed, and tipped it over, The rat got-out and took-off down the slippery slope. My dog took off after it, and here comes the school bus! I ran down the hilly driveway to the bus, and watched from the bus as the dog went trotting back up the driveway.

That evening, I had to re-plow the driveway after I got home from wrestling practice so my dad could navigate the driveway when he got home from work. As I was running the TORO, suddenly it went, 'THUNK' and I shut-off the engine. My dad always taught me to disconnect the spark plug before working on something, so I did that and looked into the two-stage system to see what I had hit. I thought it might have been a piece of wood or a rock, it was the chewed-up rat, killed by my dog that morning, left in the driveway, where it was covered by the near-foot of fresh snow that had fallen while I was at school. It was frozen-solid.

Always disconnect the spark plug or risk ending up like the rat (though not for the same reason). :biglaugh:

Got another 16" today. I'd say i got a real 5' of snow total. Had to shovel paths for the dogs. way over there heads. I don't have to worry about them running off. Looks like the worst is over. Maybe a few inches tonight. Bills game is definately canceled for ralph wilson stadium. They didn't say anything about relocating. The good news is my little ariens 24" snow blower stood up to the challenge. I only had to stick my hand in to clean the augers a few times. (That was for firemedic:eusa_dance:) and I didn't have a heart attack from shoveling.

This weekend is going to suck, 30" of snow on the ground and combine that with 2 1/2 days of temps from freezing on up to almost 40* on Sunday. I'm getting my snow tires put on this morning then I have to roof rake or shovel a 4' drift on my roof in a 5* wind chill. Time to break out the balaclava, mukluks and choppers!

Pre-load from the obstruction and belt tension cost my brother-in-law a couple digits once....use a stick! :punk:

Yea, I always use a stick, My work involves mostly heavy equiptment. I've seen what putting your hand where it doesn't belong, can do.

Now I can truly say Brian, I feel your pain. Flood warnings are in effect for sunday. calling for 60 degrees and rain on monday. I'll be up on the roof shoveling as soon as I finish my coffee.

Watching this on the Albany weather last night, guy said we won't bother with a total in inches, we'll be talking in terms of feet before this one is done.

Yeah, if you've never experienced lake effect snow you just can't imagine it! Good luck Tim, I'm sure you have plenty of gasoline for the blower, generator and plow. :punk:

Being in Watertown, We normally get more than Buffalo, but not this trip although we are also getting the snow. The Difference is I know how to deal with it.

^ I wish I had that at my house.
The snow totals are in for my town (Hamburg):
attachment.php

Attachments

• Snow-Totals-11-21-2014.jpg
    Snow-Totals-11-21-2014.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 28
Being in Watertown, We normally get more than Buffalo, but not this trip although we are also getting the snow. The Difference is I know how to deal with it.

To bad you weren't closer. You could probably put 4 or 5 grand in your pocket just clearing driveways. People would be throwing money at you. way to much snow to shovel or even plow. That big blower is the ticket.

Latest posts

Back