Dragging the Centerstand

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fzmax

Reaction score
Lately I've been dragging my side stand on hard left turns. I'm getting concerned about levering the bike off the rear tire when riding spiritedly. Removing the center stand is a last resort as it saves a good amount of room in the garage when I park the bike.

Currently the bike has stock suspension with the rear preload maxed out. I'm saving up for some Carrozzeria's which will gain me a little more clearance, but I'm thinking that maybe a longer shock will help. Will the 13-inch Progressive 440's do anything for me, should I hold out for some Ohlins or are there others available which I do not know about?

What will be the next thing to drag? Looks like either exhaust or the side stand, but I don't think either of them will touch. At least not at my skill level.

I took my center stand off for the same reason and leave it in my garage to use when I work on my bike.
The stock shocks are 13" also so 13" progressive won't add any clearance But if the stockers are old the Progressive may help just because they are new and better quality shocks.

Thanks for the info. Seems like a no-brainer after all. I'll pull it and put it back without the pring to do oil changes and the like.

Back