Drain Cock Assembly

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MSGU1-4936

Reaction score
Has anyone ever changed the drain cock assembly (DCA) if so was it difficult, mine is leaking from the on-off nut when the engine is cold and the temps is below 10 degres. I would imagine its from the contraction and any worn o rings in the assembly Does the DCA simply pull out of the thermostat housing or does it screw in.

Thanks,

Ron

:ummm:

No need to replace the drain valve assembly. Just replace the rubber o-ring. Loosen the set screw on the housing, it's at the 9:00 position. Take a soft jawed pliers and then pull the drain cock out. You'll need to drain the coolant first...otherwise it'll shoot out when you remove the drain cock.

Mark

Thanks for the info Mark, I was wondering what that set screw was for. any idea what the part # for the o ring or are they pretty much standard, I cant seem to find a part # for the O rings, just the drain cock asembly.

Ron

It's only listed on the '85 fiche. The part number is 93210-14104-00.

Mark

Quick question Mark, the nut has a on -off position, does the nut go to the off position at the hash mark on the DCA, or does it go to the on position. If in the off position should there be a ball bearing protruding from the hole or is that only in the on position.

Thanks,

Ron

Ron, I don't go by the on/off markings. I think the hole on top of valve goes up and that will allow you to put the spring and ball in the hole. Then, turn the valve 180* and this is the normal running position.

Mark

Back