Dyna Ignition

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bagherra

Reaction score
I'm considering getting the Dyna Ignition. Just a couple of Qs:
1) Is it worth it - have you seen gains and improvements?
2) Who should I get it from? I see UFO sells it.

I like the ignition cut for redline it offers. I have a tough time seeing the tach.

I sell them too. Probably a better price then UFO. They are nice to replace a bad OEM unit. They have a built in shift light trigger. They have adjustable timing curves. But the best part is the adjustable ignition kill.

Sean Morley

i agree with sean. the rev limiter is biggest advantage also consider a raptor shift light.

Thanks guys. Yeah, I want to set the revs lower than redline...8500-9000 or so. Shift light functionality would be great as well.

Sean, I shot you an email.

Shoot me an email. I want to say the last time I priced one it was $250-$275 plus shipping.

Sean

Thanks guys. Yeah, I want to set the revs lower than redline...8500-9000 or so. Shift light functionality would be great as well.

Sean, I shot you an email.

The newer Dyna3k's dosen't have a shift light trigger.

You still get 8 ignition curves (including ignition retard modes for supercharger/nitrous apps)
adjustable rev limiter

It's real easy to install, I had mine in before I finished my beer. Only bad thing is I would like to have an external switch to go to the retard mode if I'm going to run the squeeze insted of having to reset the dip switches. but other than that I run curve 4 and couldn't be happier with it.

I buy it again, if I had to do it all over again.

the newer dyna3k's dosen't have a shift light trigger.

You still get 8 ignition curves (including ignition retard modes for supercharger/nitrous apps)
adjustable rev limiter

it's real easy to install, i had mine in before i finished my beer. Only bad thing is i would like to have an external switch to go to the retard mode if i'm going to run the squeeze insted of having to reset the dip switches. But other than that i run curve 4 and couldn't be happier with it.

I buy it again, if i had to do it all over again.

+1

Thanks guys.

Hey Sean,
I gave you a shout via email. Just take a peak and respond when you have a moment.

I'm sold.

I did but my reply kicked back as un-deliverable. Wonder if your email came through funky. I did call and verify. Retail is $289 plus shipping. How about $260 INCLUDING shipping.

Sean

I've heard of guys having some issues with the pre '90 dynas. Any such issues going on with the 90+ ignitions? Other than when used with COP's? Thinking this might be a good thing to use in conjunction with Turbo to adjust timing curves and to also have the rev limit. Although there is also the dyna 300 which is a limiter only but less than half the cost. I read that some guys have got it to work on the max and I have read that some cannot no matter what they do. It would be nice to have a $100 limiter that worked.

I've heard of guys having some issues with the pre '90 dynas. Any such issues going on with the 90+ ignitions? Other than when used with COP's? Thinking this might be a good thing to use in conjunction with Turbo to adjust timing curves and to also have the rev limit. Although there is also the dyna 300 which is a limiter only but less than half the cost. I read that some guys have got it to work on the max and I have read that some cannot no matter what they do. It would be nice to have a $100 limiter that worked.

I haven't had any problems with mine. it was one of the first things I did to my bike.

Is level 4 good for a stock max? I was looking at a stage 1 jet kit and some 8MM wires for mine to wake it up some. I dyno'd it when it was new, and with one carb out of sync it threw down 115 to the rear. (I was at Laconia. It was funny because the Dyno guy had been doing harley's all day, everyone said they would make 100 horses but kept coming up 20 short). I was thinking that, some super traps, a jet kit.. I want around 130 to the ground or so

If you want 130 to the ground you either need to put a ton of miles on or get a bigger engine. It's not as easy as you would think. A full header will be a must since slip-ons don't generally add HP (they are lighter and sound better). 115 rwhp is about right and the carb sync really doesn't have any effect on much over idle (and no HP Change for the most part).

Level 4 on the dyna will be fine for you. The stage 1 is worthless (unless you want to lose HP) and the 8mm wires are overkill (they OEM wires are enough for even the 200rwhp 1500's).

Sean Morley

The only thing I did was being as you need to mount it upside down in order to fit the stock mounting tabs and have access to the dip switches from the left scoop was I put a nice layer of dielectric grease over the switches to keep water out. Two years, lots of washes and rain days with no problems.

Update...I got the Dyna installed. Thanks Sean for the quick shipping. Pretty easy to get it in...took about 20-30 minutes working slowly.

Butt dyno gives it a thumbs up. Big increase in low end grunt. It increased the idle slightly, but I like where it is now so I'll leave it alone (it used to stall when idle would go down below 1000) I have it set for 5. Marks 4-2 pipes plus Sean's jetting.

Latest posts

Back