Dyno at AJ's Racing on the PCW 1500

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1967vmax

Reaction score
Went to AJ's yesterday and dyno tuned my motor it pulled 166rwhp and 111.25 torque. I was very impressed with the #s . Marks 4 2 1 system gained 13hp compared to my HMF 4 into 2 ,:punk:Thanks Mark!!! I will try and post the dyno results here.

Yes the 1 5/8" pipe lets the motor breath a lil better plus the balanced system but i didnt expect those #s to be that good, should get even a few more once the rings get seated.

Wow...you're knockin' on the door of Gen2 numbers there.

If you don't mind, how much did that 1500 build cost?

Congrats, Outstanding Numbers. How do you keep the bike in back tires????:rofl_200::clapping:Actually, what back tire do you run???

Went to AJ's yesterday and dyno tuned my motor it pulled 166rwhp and 111.25 torque. I was very impressed with the #s . Marks 4 2 1 system gained 13hp compared to my HMF 4 into 2 ,:punk:Thanks Mark!!! I will try and post the dyno results here.

Congratulations Jim , that's a big gain over the HMF . ( Makes me sad though ) :rofl_200:

Those are some nice numbers Jim!! How is the sound coming out of your Mark's 4 2 1 on the big motor? Exhaust is looking sweet!
Another Q, how far forward is the bottom mount of your shocks, I'm assuming you have a 3" extended swingarm?

thas very good numbers.
what carb setup are you running?
cause if those numbers are with rejeted stock carbs
with keihin you will propably be the less 180 rwhp

Oh yeah, and when he swap his FCR's to plastic bucket with water he will hit warp 3 for sure...

Lol!
what's up with the bored out carbs? Seems like this bike would be a good test mule for stock carbs vs flatslides vs bored out stock carbs. I would love to see a dyno comparison like this!

Lol!
what's up with the bored out carbs? Seems like this bike would be a good test mule for stock carbs vs flatslides vs bored out stock carbs. I would love to see a dyno comparison like this!

i dont think there will be a comparison ... flatsides have a technology that cv will love to have . v-boost was invented by yamaha cause the problem with the cv carbs how to feed fuel and air to the engine so to produce more hp. if flatsides were invented the time v-max was produced we wouldnt know about any v-boost system. it would never been invented. we all know that there are v-max's long rod 1570cc that make 200-220 rwhp. i havent seen any of those with cv carbs. they all have 41mm flatsides. when i switched from my rejeted stock carbs to my 39mm flatsides .. i had a completely diferend engine. power anytime anywhere either myu engine was cold or very hot. with cv carbs many times and tell me if i am wrong when my engine was hot after a highway travel and full throttle ... something was feeling wrong like all the system engine + carbs wanted to rest for sometime to obtain strenght, like they were tired. with keihin .... that is a past.

The main reason the flats make more power is the diameter size of the carbs. The CV's work quite well and we've put out very similar power out of our jet kitted carbs as many have with their flats. Even PCW was impressed when they setup the first engine with our kit. They told the customer to not expect much of a power gain with the flats.

They have even tested our kit on a 1428 build and Vgas and our kit make MORE power and still kept the drivability and fuel mileage.

Sean

The main reason the flats make more power is the diameter size of the carbs. The CV's work quite well and we've put out very similar power out of our jet kitted carbs as many have with their flats. Even PCW was impressed when they setup the first engine with our kit. They told the customer to not expect much of a power gain with the flats.

They have even tested our kit on a 1428 build and Vgas and our kit make MORE power and still kept the drivability and fuel mileage.

Sean

In some eu countries things works diffrent LOL

FCR' are good for race track like superbikes etc - completly useless at street IMO.
Very poor fule millage and endless problems with air filters - not to mention that good setup for v-max runs about 2k$...

Maybe you have some news from Fargo?

Not yet other then no air reading on #4 carb. He's going to be test riding them this week I think.

Sean

Hi all Warrior the motor was $6700, Spec Ops the tire is a Metz 180x18x5.5, Redbone the system has one HELL of a raspy tone im also running a 2.5" baffle and end cap should get a lil louder i hope, As far as the swingarm im running Seans 3" stretch setup with a 3" shaft extension, Vmax 1260 im running the pcw keihn flatsides 39mm Jonn said the 1500 motors with the flatsides make a very good hp an torque setup together. My computer tech is coming on tuesday so i hope we can post my dyno #s here.

Back