Easier kickstand mod.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joelyons50023

Reaction score
instead of cuting and welding your kickstand and weakining it you can try what I did. where the kickstand hits the stop you canuse a grinder and take the stop further back to put the kickstand further forward yes it is not flat when you kick it out but it is not badI have the 12.5'' rear shocks and at first the bike sit almost straight up which scared me because it almost fell twice but I myself am not an awesome welder.

Attachments

• PICT1452.jpg
    PICT1452.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 67
  • fixed.jpg
    fixed.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 78
  • PICT1455.jpg
    PICT1455.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 80
That is a great Idea, I have often thought that mine is just barely stable when on the side stand...

Good idea. Had to heat mine up and bend it as Snowmax is 2.5" lover in the front and 1.5" in the rear!! Center stand is a heavy piece of ballast now LOL. Can put it on the center stand with help now:biglaugh:

it is a good mod that many have fogotten about. It's been done that way for a very long time. We had to do both on one of the shop bikes (we prefer to cut and weld them since that part is the hardest to undo if you ever go back to a different ride height.)

Sean Morley

Back