EFI forum

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMHO: Definitely leave the temp correction on as this allows enriching at higher traffic temps when bike experiences lean conditons. This setting will be tweaked depending on where you live and season of year. Doesnt need activated at lower temps that reflect climates and motor temp at highway speeds. Bike suddenly and inexplicably wont start, no pulses indicated on the laptop, next day inexplicaably starts?? The bike will crank over real well? My experience was a low voltage condition. If the EFI doesnt see at least 12v at the plug to power the ECU, wont power the ECU. I have seen putting the battery on a charger to full 13v will many times provide a good start. I took the expensive route : Bought the Exactrep High Output Alternator and R/R. and had the frequency of non starting reduced significantly, but still happened. I then cut out the OEM wire harness for the alternator to the R/R and R/R to battery and direct solder wires. Gound R/R to frame. Charging voltage jumped from 12v to 13.5v. Made a big difference! I found that my stock charging system was not adequate for the EFI. Bill Warner is clearly the expert. I can only share my personal experiences. Also, I definitely would have a headlight on.off switch and never start, test or tune the bike with the headlight on. I would synch the throttle bodies every 3000 miles oil change. The linkage is very light duty in my opinion. If I can help anyone feel free to contact me.
rick rash
Oh, yes, I sold my EFI and putting my extra money in the 2009 Vmax. Would sell my Tourmaster for the right price just to do a full custom on the 09. Insanity. LOL

Jim.after we spoke I went out and the f*^#%$@r started on its own,went out first thing this morn and it started again.soooo....Is the water out ? Im gonna put on some local miles today and see how she runs and see how my new" project "feels.
thanks for the chat,and good luck with toxic!

I have one of the roadster kits here but haven't tried it yet.

Sean, I hate to sound like a woman but....chop-chop. lol

LOL, yea yea. I have that kit, one of the wild brothers kit, the kit that was being worked on by the group before (can't remember the other guys name), and a lot of other parts that we're looking at to use.

Next thing besides the turbo kit is a small centrifugal supercharger kit.

Sean

Maleko89, not to sound like a dick but...Leave off!

Sean, you just keep on with my USD forks and that machinist. You're good. But after that, ya, I'd too like to know if these work.

/scowls at Maleko89

Are you going to use the mega squirt or try something else? I've watched the roadster cycle videos, they sound like they run really well.

LOL, yea yea. I have that kit, one of the wild brothers kit, the kit that was being worked on by the group before (can't remember the other guys name), and a lot of other parts that we're looking at to use.

Next thing besides the turbo kit is a small centrifugal supercharger kit.

Sean

What are you looking at for the centrifugal charger? Rotrex, vortech?

Are you going to use the mega squirt or try something else? I've watched the roadster cycle videos, they sound like they run really well.

yes indeed. but worth $1,600 idk bout that:ummm:. JMO

A couple years ago i was enthused about the Aisin AMR-500 as an option to the magnacharger setup and i browsed those centrifugal chargers but that could only work with EFI so i just put it on the top shelve since... There are some good looking rotrex setups though they are really expensive...

I'm seriously looking at installing EFI on my 85 vmax. Has anyone installed the roadstercycle EFI kit? and/or worked with the microsquirt controller?

I have one of the kits here but just need to break down and give it a try.

Back