eh everbody

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cantrucker

Reaction score
new to the site & my max, got an 85 with electrical problems, had an fj 1100 punched to a 1200 but just loved the look of the max. good 2 gear not like the fj pretty paint just hate the black list insurance 1200 year up here in canada. anyway just thought id say hi before i start searching elec problems

Welcome cantrucker. Your in the right place. Lots of great knowlegeable people and good info.

new to the site & my max, got an 85 with electrical problems, had an fj 1100 punched to a 1200 but just loved the look of the max. good 2 gear not like the fj pretty paint just hate the black list insurance 1200 year up here in canada. anyway just thought id say hi before i start searching elec problems

Welcome. Try Primumm Insurance, if available in Ontario. Less than half of what other carriers in the Maritimes charge for a Max - that is, the ones that don't have it on their black list of untouchable bikes.
Cheers!

Look at the stickies for electrical issues. You probably have dirty, corroded connectors and bad grounds, maybe a weak battery, and poor primary connections. Disconnect them, clean shiny-bright, re-connect them. Remove and inspect your rectifier/regulator, I bet it's overheated & corroded at the connectors, look for corroded-through (or nearly c-t!) wires from the R/R. Use contact cleaner on the switches. A strong battery helps immensely.

Latest posts

Back