electrical backfiring??

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joe4550

Reaction score
have just fitted an alarm to my bike (and apparently voiding the warranty at the same time but hey) and it started miss firing. what have i done wrong here? i followed all the wiring diagrams and am not new at wiring i dunno how this is happening any ideas? (wires r connected to battery, earth, solenoid and headlight)

but the garage say iv fucked it but im not sure how (hes now re-wiring it all up costin me a shitload) but hey.

I tried even a simple rev limiter years ago that killed one cylinder. It was a dale walker unit. Found out it wasn't compatible with the wiring harness we had. Could be a similar issue.
Sean

apparently its killed the 2 rear cylinders (which will explain all of the problems iv been having in the other posts iv put up)

but im not sure why its not compatible all its connected to is the battery, earth, solenoid and headlight, ( i mean wirings wiring right? im not interrupting anything and have only spliced into the wires im using and reconnected them using proper connecters also he was on about me taking off the dummy tank and the air box out (then replacing them) thats made it "dangerously unstable" how in the fuck have i done that!?

arse!

Where did you get the power from? It may or may not have a dang thing to do with it. I'd just unhook one connection at a time until you figure out which one is doing it. You said you had the box off? Is it fully seated? The carbs will not work correctly if not.

Sean

got the power from the ground (neg) an the (pos) solenoid then routed through to the lights for the
forced start alarm

its at the garage now an they r tellin me that it blew a controller that controls fuel to the throttle (or something i really have no idea) so now thats whats wrong with it altho i dunno how it was me that did it. but hey

yeah all fully seated an connected right so have no bloody idea what they ment by that

joe

Back