Electrical issues

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

navydive

Reaction score
i am really stumped. (which doesnt take much, since i am not a mechanic). I am not getting a spark to the rear cylinder. My friend trouble shot it to the ECU or a wiring problem. I bought an ECU and put it in, only to realize that is not the problem. I have determined that the ignition coils are good. THe pickup coil on the left side has a good reading. the problem is i am not getting a reading from the wiring plug that connects to the ignition coil on the non-firing plug. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Pat

^ +1

Check the r/w wire has 12 volts when the ignition is on. If it does, then the signal isn't getting through on the other wire. Maybe it's broken.

Have you pulled the plug and checked for cracks ?

if the plug looks good you might want to check the wire for that cylinder....unscrew the nut on the coil and remove the HT wire. Look inside the coil and the end of the wire for green build up. If bad enough clean out coil side & cut off an 1/8" to "good" clean conductor on the wire and see if that helps.....measure 10.5k-15.5k from red/wht wire to sparkplug boot....measure all if motivated to see what you got.....front ones are a bit of a biottch though........

its not the wire or the coil. There isnt any power getting to the coil. I measured the other one and its 1.5, whereas the non-firing plug reads 0. I need to figure out how to troubleshoot that wire and where it goes. I replaced the ECU, so thats not it. Going into that wiring harness makes me want to puke!

Pick up bad is my guess. There are two I think on old bikes maybe four pick ups.

Back