engine lagging??

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joe4550

Reaction score
had the bike apart the other day fitting an alarm and then put it all back together and since than i keep getting lag from acceleration, when twist the accelerator there is a slight pause before the bike actually realizes im accelerating (maybe half a second or more not much i know but enough for me to notice)

even when im going it seams to pause in acceleration, it feels like im running out of fuel but i have a full tank, was thinking i had some how crushed the fuel line under the seat when i put it back on but took it back off and its definitely free. but im still getting it.

anyone got any ideas? was thinking maybe fuel filter? or somthing wrong with the carbs? or the plugs (but i replaced the plugs last monday)

any help would be greatly appreciated!

thanks

I had a similar issue, and to a point still do. I would mainly notice it on the highway, or otherwise mid-range RPMs. Slight throttle advances wouldn't seem to do anything, and it would take a healthy twist to get by the "dead spot", at which point it would take off and run great. Like you get to a highway grade, and slightly roll on to compensate, and nothing happens.

I dropped my stage 1 needles a clip, which helped, it does it a lot less often, however I've noticed it still does this every so often, and randomly. Since it's such an intermittent, short lived problem, I blame the e10 gas around here.

Fuel filter? possibly, but if it was plugged the problem would get worse at higher load/RPM.

Plugs? Doubt it, especially if you just replaced them.

I also had a similar issue on my Magna, in which case it turned out to be a bad plug wire that would randomly start arcing to the head and kill a cylinder. Would feel like an intermittent, random hesitation. The way to tell that is start the bike up in a dark area and look for arcs. Try moving the wires around a bit with a stick or something to see if you can provoke one to....how I found it on the Magna.

yeah i have no idea whats happening its pissing me off because it causes the bike to jump forward an if it happens on a corner im fucked, tomorrow am gonna change the plugs check the leads, replace the filter, replace the oil and filter (i no its not gonna be oil but who knows) clean the carbs ect ect just to find the soddin fault. will keep you posted!

Be sure you didn't pinch the 4 carb vent hoses that run along the airbox. I pinched mine, upon reassembly and it ran similar. Easy to check.

Be sure you didn't pinch the 4 carb vent hoses that run along the airbox. I pinched mine, upon reassembly and it ran similar. Easy to check.

have checked, is doing it even more at high revs and when the boost kicks in wich is just soddin annoying

Latest posts

Back