Engine shut off while at low Rpm

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluegazer

Reaction score
I have this problem which I needs all of Vmaxers' advise..

1) starts engine. Engine is running well at approx 1k rpm..warming up well too..

2) ride off slow in multi-storey car park.. Ride at approx 10-15km/hr... Bike starts to cough and jerk. Clutch in, engine stop.
Restart again.. Engine runs..bike jerk while moving.. Need to maintain a higher rpm to prevent from engine stall..

3) normal to ride at 20km/hr and above on the express ways. All normal and rode for about 20-25min with an average of 80km/hr..

4) exit expressway and into roads. Stops at traffic light, engine starts to show low idling below 1k and i needs to throttle it to keep it up and when I tried to move off, it sometimes stalled. Restart and I needs to keep its rpm high to prevent it from stalling or jerking. If I clutch in to take a bend or change gear, the engine will stall if I let go of the throttle..
To prevent it, I got to keep e RPM above 1k even if I clutch in.

No. 1 to 4 is my routine to work everyday.... Those underlined are the problem..

Had change the oem plug coils to oem and serviced the bike. Carb had sync.. Problem persist.
Any advise will be good.
Thanks.

What is your idle set at?....Should be 900 to 1k. Sounds like you might have a circuit plugged in the carbs.

What is your idle set at?....Should be 900 to 1k. Sounds like you might have a circuit plugged in the carbs.

Idle set at 1k.
Warming up is fine. Rumble sounds good..

Problem is when moving off at low rpm..

What is circuit plugged in carbs?
Thanks for e advise.

How much choke does it take to start?

Will it stay running with the choke on?

Take about once or twice to start. Sometime with or without choke..
And once it rev up and engine rumble, I lower e choke and let it warm up as usua before moving off..

Check your charging system, sounds like your TCI is starving for more voltage. If you don't have atleast 13.8 @ 2500 RPM you have problems. Some say 14.2-14.4 is perfect, I also belive this. If you find your voltage low here is a good read on how to get it up, it worked for me.

http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=19108

Check your charging system, sounds like your TCI is starving for more voltage. If you don't have atleast 13.8 @ 2500 RPM you have problems. Some say 14.2-14.4 is perfect, I also belive this. If you find your voltage low here is a good read on how to get it up, it worked for me.

http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=19108
I did this mod and it helped out alot .

Latest posts

Back