Exhaust= carb?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VMAX NV

Reaction score
So I have a 4 into 4 exhaust system right now(Cobra slip-on, I know, I know) and the right lower pipe pops some when starting and none of the rest do.

Since this pipe crosses over and comes out of the #2 carb, can I assume that it it the #2 carb that is causing it and needs servicing?

If it is, I guess that is one(only?) advantage of 4 into 4 pipes....

That's one thing. Could also be leaky header, manifold or boots.

Yep , thats one advantage to having 4 into four. I would check carb sync, try moving A/F screw on #2 carb, check plug gap or change plug on #2 cyl, make sure air box boots are seated on carbs and tight, check plug wire @ plug cap and coil for corrosion, drain #2 carb thru coffee filter for contamination in fuel bowl, make sure carb boots are tight and seated properly, do the Shot gun method for sure on that #2 carb. If you are into fuel additives give it a Double Dose of "START YOUR ENGINE" it has worked rather well on everything I have tried it on, and works fast. You can get it at some Wally world stores and most automotive stores, it seems far superior to Sea Foam , a few members on here have tried it with very good reports. Sometimes I wished I had 4 into 4 exhaust so I could narrow down which cylinder my problem was coming from, it would have been very helpful in that respect.

Back