exhaust leak

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smithben1983

Reaction score
so I have found an exhaust leak right where my slip on super traps hook up to my stock stuff. is there a gasket I replace for this issue?

so I have found an exhaust leak right where my slip on super traps hook up to my stock stuff. is there a gasket I replace for this issue?

No thier isn't.
You might be able to get away with removing that side, and apply some Permatex copper silicone to it. I had a slight leak with the down tubes on my Kerkers and that was all it took to fix it. I did it a few years back and its still holding strong.

How do I remove it. I tried but it wont pull off

You remove the mounting bolt near the rear peg. Then your just going to have to use some muscle and shake it. Sounds like it was stuck when it was put on. These things don't use gaskets at the joint where they meet up with the head pipes.

Some can be a bitch to put on, and even bigger pain to pull off. I'm thinking it really wasn't put on all that correctly for it to leak. They have a real close tolerance and can feel like they're on right when they really aren't.

When I ran them It was a chore to instal, but worth it. When I removed them to sell, I had them both off in under 10 min. I just grabbed the disk end of the pipe and shook the hell out of it.

Back