fcr users .... crankcase breathing hose problrm

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VMAX1260

Supporting Member
Reaction score
i need some advice about the crankcase breathing hose. where can i find a hose with a restrictor. will only that stop oil coming out. will my engine breathing will be good or i will have other problems. what have you done to solve this problem??

My Vgas setup has a extended breather hose which raises the breather up under the tank cover. But it also connects to the oil fill cap with a "T" fitting under the breather which you can see in the picture. Im not sure if a restricter is used. UFO built the bike.

Attachments

• vmaxvgas 004.jpg
    vmaxvgas 004.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 35
Use the restricor at the base of the hose where it connects to the PCV system. It's not much more then a washer/bushing that is big enough it can't fall in the fitting but small enough that the hose will go over it. You should be able to make one if you don't want to get one from me.

Doing the other things is also a good idea.

Sean

Sean i dont have a restrictor. i Just have a simple hose that i have installed a filter in the end. and what hole diameter should this mushing must have? i cant understand the thing about the T joint connecting to the oil fill cup. the oil fill cup is the one we open to pour inside the oil in the engine right? on the right side of the engine where the rear brake master cylinder is right? with the restrictor sean will my engine have a breathing problem??

Here is a stage 7-like SS breather hose off the oil fill cap that is on my Vmax (Morley Jet Kit). It runs up to a "T" fitting below the air box that connects the original PCV valve hose (where you have your small filter) that connects into the air box.

Attachments

• IMG_0649.jpg
    IMG_0649.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0657.jpg
    IMG_0657.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 36
  • T fitting from crankcase.jpg
    T fitting from crankcase.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 30
Here is a stage 7-like SS breather hose off the oil fill cap that is on my Vmax (Morley Jet Kit). It runs up to a "T" fitting below the air box that connects the original PCV valve hose (where you have your small filter) that connects into the air box.

Nice pics REDBONE. i PM Sean if he can provide me what i saw on your bike. i dont have a filter box so if ihave instead of the filter box, a simple filter do you think i will have problem with oil comming out? does your filter box has remain of any oil comming out from the crankcase breather hose ? or this T joint do the trick and the cycles the oil? in high rpm oil should coming up from oil fill cup am i right? i am a little confused because if oil comes out from both sides?? where does it go?

Latest posts

Back