Finally! Affordable backrest/rack combo

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd like to get just the backrest and mounting hardware but guess I'd need to get it chromed. Is that an option thru you or would I have to buy it then take it or send it somewhere and have it chromed? . Oh yea do you have a pic of the backrest mounted without the rack attached? Let me know, Thanks, Ed

Actually, the backrest itself is chromed, but the mounting brackets are powder-coated and are a close match to the stock grab rail. You could always have them chromed if you prefer. I don't have a good pic of the backrest alone, but as soon as I get more mounting brackets I will post a pic.

Ok, how much for the backrest and mounting hardware? And when can you send it? I will get the bracket chromed. Thanks, Ed

I just picked up brackets from the welder, and delivered to the powder coating shop today. They are supposed to be done on Wednesday. If you like, I can have them hold out one set, and I could let you have them in bare metal for $10 off, so you can chrome them. That would be 89.95 for the backrest, plus 69.95 for the brackets, plus shipping. I could ship on Monday 3/26, if you let me know by then. My phone recorder is always on. Just call the number on my website http://www.cycle-istic.com

Last edited:
If you can, please post a side view of the mounting bracket and backrest. I'm very pickey of the esthetics of everything that goes on. You would have to see all the things I've bought for it but after installing they didnt make the cut do to speak. Not that your setup wouldn't look good but I just want to be sure before buying. Thanks, Ed

If you can, please post a side view of the mounting bracket and backrest. I'm very pickey of the esthetics of everything that goes on. You would have to see all the things I've bought for it but after installing they didnt make the cut do to speak. Not that your setup wouldn't look good but I just want to be sure before buying. Thanks, Ed

If you would like me send you a set of unfinished brackets you can have chromed, I need to know today, so I can have the powder-coater pull them aside.

Latest posts

Back