finished cr project, ready to start on the VMAX

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshn569

Reaction score
Just finished building my CR500 Supermoto street legal beast. Been building it for the past year. its an 01 250 aluminum frame chopped up and modified to fit an 89 cr500 engine. Everything is new and or powder coated. should be a fun ride.

Best of all, I can now start to build a VMAX!:punk: Been waiting years to get my hands of a vmax, and now I have 2 bikes to build 1 sweet ride out of.

heres the cr:
my500.jpg

Youtube video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_x3mU5lpLw&feature=plcp

Speaking of projects, my vmax has been out of order for so long ( equellely parts and time to work on it) that when I saw an add for a 1987 Softail on the local CL for 4500$ I snapped it up thinking I could ride it for the 3 weeks we have left of the season. Then after I got my max back up I could make a bobber out of the HD.
That lasted about as long as it took me to ride it home from Anchorage. Bought it Friday, sold this afternoon. Did manage to go on a ride with some of the guys from work Monday night in which I had the oldest bike with least horse power and still out ran them in the twisties. I got worried when I didn't see anyone behind me so I went back, seems the vrod rider ran off the road trying to keep up with me. The dyna behind him locked up the rear and also left the road. No one hurt but the vrod bent the handle bars and broke the break peddle: 1200$ mistake.
Anyway, good luck with your vmax project. Don't get sidetracked!

Nice CR. I've got one myself. Don't ride it enough to justify the time and expense of an AF conversion though. Wish I had more time. I barely keep up with replacing broken stuff on it. Mine is a '91, mostly stock. Just rebuilt the clutch with new basket, cushions, lever, cable, plates, springs, basket bearing, etc.... No more drag from the 20+ year old OEM basket that was all notched. Got some new wheel bearings, tires, chain, and sprockets too. Did a ride over labor day weekend. Going again next weekend with 4 others. Should be a fine time.

Did you convert the frame yourself? If I had a Tig and the know how, I would probably be more inclined to go that route but, I have neither!

Nice ride Josh! Good to see some other guys with 500s on this site too. I just got one this summer built on a 2006 cr250 frame, still getting it sorted out jetting wise. They sure vibrate in the aluminum frame make sure you stay on top of all bolts and torques.

Looks good.
any pics of your green max?
im goin green this winter..(hopefully) =)

Sweet. Thought about trying to build one myself a couple times but time and money are not there for me right now. Looks and sounds fantastic. Didn't sound like you got on the pipe though. Would love to see/hear a vid of that!

Supermoto's are the funnest bikes i've ever ridden bar none. Talk about a hooligan machine....

Nice work!

Nice job ! I always wanted to build a 2-stroke 500 supermoto. Nice to see similar interest on here.

Back