First time drag racing - in Hungary! 12.25 @ 114.72 MPH ~ pics & vids!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lotsokids

Reaction score
I found a drag track here in Kunmadaras, Hungary - only about 300 miles from my house. :) I drove there yesterday on my 1988 Yamaha FJ1200.

As a side note, I LOVE driving in Europe!!! I was rolling for a few hours holding it at 100 MPH (yes, MPH). Everyone moves to the right unless passing. I even got my doors blown off (figuratively of course) by an Audi and a BMW. Not one ounce of road rage at all.

They had a "testing" event last night, and I ran "Old Shakey." I arrived at the track late, but they inspected my bike and licensed me as a racer in literally 5 minutes. Try that in the U.S.! Fortunately the manager knew a little English. He gave me a hard time when he saw my license plate - "You have a Hungarian license plate, and you don't speak Hungarian?" Ha ha. I told him I knew very little (in Hungarian). Oh well. When I was ready to go, he personally led me to the front of the lineup for my first run. I told him I knew the basics, but nothing else. He said, "Be careful, and don't brake hard at the end. You've got 2 kilometers." My first run my reaction time was .544 - not too bad. The second run I was lined up with a Kawasaki ZX-10. My reaction time was .441 and I ate his lunch. That's AWESOME. The third and final run, the ZX rider wanted a rematch, I guess. My reaction time was .296 and ran a 12.25 @ 114.72 MPH. But he got me on that one.

In Hungary, you can wear plaid shorts and cowboy hats! I don't recommend doing this in Texas.

100_4778.jpg

"Old Shakey"

100_4784.jpg

Yours truly:

Mark_ready.jpg

The Video:
Yeah, I know I didn't do everything right, but it was my first time at the track.

Collecting my time slip:

i .. THATS A REAL GOOD TIME , ALSO NICE LEGS ON THOSE " CHICKS " HANGING AROUND ! .. :biglaugh:

What, you mean there weren't any Hardly Driveables at the strip? hahaha:rofl_200:

Nice pics....first time racing is always a bit harrowing. First time I raced was at a hill drag on my snowmobile. Remember I was about to piss myself as I went up to the line worrying I would flip over backwards or screw something up, and compared to bike drags that's easy.

Latest posts

Back