first yamaha

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burksvmax

Reaction score
hello to every every1. i own a 06 vmax and having some issues with it .hoping to get some answers here.

thanks guys .i will try and get a pic soon . i am having carb issues with my bike .bought it from my cusin 3 yr ago with 241 miles on clock yes i had 2 buy new gas tank filter and many other parts and carbs have ben off a few times .when i purchased the bike it wouldnt start so i took it to cycleworks and wont go back they done a lousy job on carbs hit me for $700.00 . i found out that the #2 cylinder was dead yes i could grab the exhaust pipe when engine hot and yes made me a compression fitting from spark plug so had good compression and yes it was firing . so i did find 1 problem in the #2 carb the air cutoff valve was bad .i took a small flashlight in the dark ans shined it through diaphram and light ws going through so replaced all 4 .the ? i have is what is the proper way to dial in my air fuel screws?

Back