Five more

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forestdaledave

Reaction score
http://news.yahoo.com/five-dead-las-vegas-shooting-213257183.html

Breaking news with more to follow as the blood dries. Where are the good guys with guns? All dead. The civilian that was conceal carrying would likely be alive if he didn't attempt to shoot it out. Of course ultimately that is impossible to know, but he is dead and no one else. I wonder what the NRA is going to say.
Forestdaledave

Well unfortunately in Clark country there probably not a whole lot of good guys with guns. Clark county (excluding Boulder City) requires the registration of handguns.[3] Open carry is generally permitted throughout the state. For open carry in a vehicle, the firearm must be clearly visible if upon the person, however in Clark County is subject to possible unlawful arrest and litigation.[4][5]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Nevada

Well unfortunately in Clark country there probably not a whole lot of good guys with guns. Clark county (excluding Boulder City) requires the registration of handguns.[3] Open carry is generally permitted throughout the state. For open carry in a vehicle, the firearm must be clearly visible if upon the person, however in Clark County is subject to possible unlawful arrest and litigation.[4][5]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Nevada

Always good to have more context.

As for the OP wondering how the NRA would spin such an event. I imagine they will send out thoughts and prayer to the families of the two officers as well as the civilian who attempted to help out. As the story reads the civilian did not cause harm to anyone else, only himself for his actions. Why you would want to vilify such a person is beyond me. Vilify the two crazy people who started this whole mess and be thankful they took themselves out.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Exactly... Or hijacked a plane and killed 1000's
People with hate in there heart will always find a way!

Hmmmmm . . . Wonder what the NRA would say if Dave got caught in a shootout between drug cartel minions? Oh wait, that couldn't happen. I forgot, he's safe and sound in Mexico, where there's no gun violence. Never mind.

http://news.yahoo.com/five-dead-las-vegas-shooting-213257183.html
Breaking news with more to follow as the blood dries. Where are the good guys with guns? All dead. The civilian that was conceal carrying would likely be alive if he didn't attempt to shoot it out. Of course ultimately that is impossible to know, but he is dead and no one else. I wonder what the NRA is going to say.
Forestdaledave

You might want to pay more attention to the Murders occurring in your town:
http://www.borderlandbeat.com/2014/03/at-least-five-dead-after-shootout-in.html
Monday, March 17, 2014
ROSARITO.- Five men are dead after a shootout in the city of Rosarito, Baja California, the shootout took place in the popular area of Los Arenales (sand dunes), according to news reports there are at least ten people who were injured in the attack, some of them remain in grave condition, the injured were taken to hospitals in both Rosarito and Tijuana.

what is known is that a 11 year old boy is among the fatal victims and the fact that the weapons used included AK47´s and AR-15 rifles
And before visiting Dave in sunny Mexico, you might want to read this:
https://www.osac.gov/pages/ContentReportDetails.aspx?cid=14139

Last edited:
Dave used to post some good stuff but, it seems, that since he moved to Mexico his attitude has become jaded against the American lifestyle.
Must be the hot sun or maybe being retired that's made the change. Sitting in his compound, he and his fellow amigo's denigrating life north of the border.:ummm::confused2:

People need to stop calling it a "shooting" and start calling it exactly what it is....MURDER. Society is in denial and the word murder, or slaying is too harsh for people to hear. But thats exactly what it is. "Shooting" is what we do on the range at targets or in the woods during hunting season. Not while citizens are mass murdering other civilians, kids, and police officers. And what a hero that civilian with a gun is for laying down his life for others. He may have stalled the "killers...not shooters" enough to save other lives.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Big +1 on ya George!!!!!

Maybe Dave is Nobody and the best reply is none.

Go easy on us who are retired ( well one week left). After 37 years of teaching,military service, and a few years in the metal working industry--- Im ready. But I don't think I'll change my red, white and blue stripes.

Lew

If 7-8 armed civilians were there and as brave as this person(may he RIP), it might have changed the outcome. How many people would carry if the red tape to get licensed wasn't so long? People like Dave don''t get it. Murderers (right on George) know they have an upper hand, and the chances of an armed citizen shooting back aren't likely. That is the position liberal society has put us in. I'd like to think, if my loved ones were in this kind of danger, an armed GOOD guy puts one or three in the Murderers forehead.
Steve-o

Last edited:
There is no protection from an assassin(s) who is willing to die after accomplishing his goal....none! And that's just what this was....an assassination, a cold blooded murder! How many have occurred where the victim has been surrounded by heavily armed and highly trained security personnel?

Yet Dave sees this as an opportunity to launch another attack on honest gun carrying Americans and the NRA.

Get off the soapbox bud and say a prayer for the poor innocent people who lost their lives in this senseless tragedy!

Again....Shame on you!

If 7-8 armed civilians were there and as brave as this person(may he RIP), it might have changed the outcome. How many people would carry if the red tape to get licensed wasn't so long? People like Dave don''t get it. Murderers (right on George) know they have an upper hand, and the chances of an armed citizen shooting back aren't likely. That is the position liberal society has put us in. I'd like to think if my loved ones are in a position of this kind of danger, an armed GOOD guy puts one or three in the Murderers forehead.
Steve-o

+1

People need to stop calling it a "shooting" and start calling it exactly what it is....MURDER. Society is in denial and the word murder, or slaying is too harsh for people to hear. But thats exactly what it is. "Shooting" is what we do on the range at targets or in the woods during hunting season. Not while citizens are mass murdering other civilians, kids, and police officers. And what a hero that civilian with a gun is for laying down his life for others. He may have stalled the "killers...not shooters" enough to save other lives.

Right on George.

Back