FJR calipers with original vmax MC?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uri gal

Reaction score
Hello

I want to upgrade my vmax front brakes

I have a vmax 1999

Now I got a FJR 2004 front calipers (silver point)

Can I use them with the original Yamaha master cylinder? The FJR caliper will make any different?

Thanks

Uri

the way you want to go about is to match the bore size of your master with the bore size of the master that drove the calipers you are substituting in

the vmax boresize is 5/8"=0.625"
if non-abs, the 04'-05' FJR front brake masters are 15mm=0.591"
if abs, the 04'-05' FJR front brake masters are 16mm=0.630"

read this post about the sweet spot if you are interested http://www.vmaxforum.net/showpost.php?p=188845&postcount=5

thnak you my friend.

I am not sure that I understand the answer

I saw somewhere in this forum that the original MC will be good with the FJR caliper – so I ordered it from ebay
(the calipers)

What will be the result if I will install it as is?

Hello my friend

The link that you send was very helpful!

Now I know for winch ?sweet spot? I spouse to have

First ? my vmax is 99 ? so the MC bore is 14MM not 15 MM (15.87 is for the 85-92 models)

By the way, the original front calipers bore is( upper bore 33.96mm and lower bore 30.23 mm)so the ratio(if I understand it right) is about =21

So now I have to calculate the ratio that I will get if I have a FJR calipers

** I don?t know if from a bike with or without ABS

Now I don?t know the FJR calipers bore (any of the two - ABS / non ABS)

Can you help me with that?

I see no problem with increasing the capacity of the calipers and having it work well with the stock vmax master. We use the Hayabusa and ZYF 6 piston calipers on a regular basis and it works very well with them! It requires more lever travel but far less effort. The "feel" is also greatly improved.

Sean

Thank you!! It's great , I will install it and report after it. Thanks. Uri

Back