Fjr parts

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sweet. just found one on ebay but its a 05, not sure if it has a spot for the mirror, looks like there is a cap in the spot, or would have to drill and tap threads into the casting.

mines an '05 it will have to be drilled and tapped bud. i have a built in cap. go get yourself some bar ends. you can see more that way anyways! haha, as long as the right side had a right-hand thread you'll be fine. no idea where you'd get a left hand thread tap.

ahhhhhh man oh man, i still vote that garrett is the MM in human form and the route of all evil........ thanks man thanks :rofl_200::rofl_200:

also, i take offense to this!

also, i take offense to this!

:rofl_200::rofl_200: ya but you know its true, its not a bad thing just a observations hahahah wait til you see the latest p/c stuff i got done, you're gonna love it the most.:punk:

mines an '05 it will have to be drilled and tapped bud. i have a built in cap. go get yourself some bar ends. you can see more that way anyways! haha, as long as the right side had a right-hand thread you'll be fine. no idea where you'd get a left hand thread tap.

isnt the clutch side threaded r/h so if you hit something the mirror folds in and gets loose? mmm need to think about that for a sec and have another coffee.:ummm: garrett did you drill and tap yours? i take it the metal is a little soft eh?

I said right side but meant clutch side I just forgot which one was reverse thread bc I have run bar ends since I bought the bike. I didn't drill them.

mines an '05 it will have to be drilled and tapped bud. i have a built in cap. go get yourself some bar ends. you can see more that way anyways! ha

isnt the clutch side threaded r/h so if you hit something the mirror folds in and gets loose? mmm need to think about that for a sec and have another coffee.:ummm: garrett did you drill and tap yours? i take it the metal is a little soft eh?

I said right side but meant clutch side I just forgot which one was reverse thread bc I have run bar ends since I bought the bike. I didn't drill them.

oh ya i forgot, mmmm sure does chg the look of the bike having bar ends...... gonna surf ebay and see what is out there.......

I think maybe Yamaha is the only one that runs reverse threads on the right side, drill & tap them the same and get other mirrors....just a thought. :confused2:

OR: Use (2) left hand V Max mirrors!

Last edited:
well it would only be the clutch side, leave the other master alone as i got it working very well...... i know i know it will look stupid two different masters on the bike....... okay okay i will stick with stock ones for now....maybe!!! maybe

well it would only be the clutch side, leave the other master alone as i got it working very well...... i know i know it will look stupid two different masters on the bike....... okay okay i will stick with stock ones for now....maybe!!! maybe

I bet few would notice Rov, they are very similar.

yaaa that is true, can distract them with a needle shim and jet change on top of the BRC roof this time, have to find something more challenging this year, or maybe on one leg while eating brownies hahahahah, kyle you ready to take notes hahahah

Left side is right hand threads. Right side is left hand threads. I have tapped the brake master with standard right hand threads and removed the bottom piece from a left mirror. Not the whole stem, just the bottom nut, it swaps from stem to stem and has standard threads.

I am running a concours clutch master. Looks the same as a FJR master, is has a 14mm bore also. Was previously using a OEM vmax brake master. Yes, they look different but its not the kind of thing that jumps out at you and looks out of place. You don't really even notice it.

I've got a 14mm front brake master from a Busa now. If anyone is interested, I'm looking to get rid of it. Black body, silver lever, adjustable, excellent shape.

Left side is right hand threads. Right side is left hand threads. I have tapped the brake master with standard right hand threads and removed the bottom piece from a left mirror. Not the whole stem, just the bottom nut, it swaps from stem to stem and has standard threads.

I am running a concours clutch master. Looks the same as a FJR master, is has a 14mm bore also. Was previously using a OEM vmax brake master. Yes, they look different but its not the kind of thing that jumps out at you and looks out of place. You don't really even notice it.

I've got a 14mm front brake master from a Busa now. If anyone is interested, I'm looking to get rid of it. Black body, silver lever, adjustable, excellent shape.

not that i need a front brake but can i ask why you are wanting to chg it out, and to what now??

not that i need a front brake but can i ask why you are wanting to chg it out, and to what now??

Never installed the 14mm master. Its still connected to the Busa calipers in a box. Just thinking I want a radial master instead. No real good reason.

Latest posts

Back