Florida Vmaxer's and Daytona Beach....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

customizedcreationz

Reaction score
My Bday is in Feb ( 22nd to be exact, I like guns, ammo and building a bug out bag for those that want to buy me something :biglaugh:) and I always wanted to check out Bike week. So this year I think we are going. This will be my first time on the ZX.

I am planning on trailering to my cousins in KY. Leaving the truck and trailer there and then riding down from there to my other cousins and staying with them.

I am only going to check it out for a day. I am not a big sit and spin type of guy, so most likely I ll head out, check it out/people watch and then just cruise state with my wife. Maybe I ll hit a drag strip down there if any of you guys are available and my wife allows it LOL.

I ll probably take a quick trip down to the Key's for a day and maybe through the Everglades again. Last time I was down that way it was fun.

Any points of interest for good riding?

Thanks
Todd

I will be there Thursday through Sunday I'm sure.
Or maybe Friday through Sunday... If maybe you can make Bradenton Drag Strip Thursday Night for T&T, I could arrange two or three peeps with Gen 1's and II's probably

I will be there Thursday through Sunday I'm sure.
Or maybe Friday through Sunday... If maybe you can make Bradenton Drag Strip Thursday Night for T&T, I could arrange two or three peeps with Gen 1's and II's probably

That would be awesome. Let me see what I can do. I just have to convince my wife.... maybe she can hang out with my cousin while I hit the strip :punk:

Estero is my back yard on the Golf Coast. Immokolee is the local strip and open in the winter! Need dates of your stay to plan anything.

Definitely post more info as you lock it down. I usually head to bike week for one day each year, I'll just work that day around your schedule to meet up with you and any other Vmaxers that decide to join in the fun. Personally I have never taken a bike to the strip so I might be game to give it a first shot. Hell you never know, I might be a natural and have to collect on that $50 bounty :punk:

I am starting to think maybe the 14th weekend to arrive. Hit the last day of Daytona and then have everyone leaving the area, maybe it will free up the place a little?

Todd

i'm game for something. could hook up with you for a ride down the space coast, and/or day at the strip (i'll be poppin my cherry just like tex), or beers Daytona. rumor has it, a tech day is in the works (don't think a day has been set).

Regards from my Taptalking Hercules Android

( if any of you guys are available and my wife allows it LOL.)

I know your wife and i dont think she is into this kind of thing. Even if it is your b-day Todd.:rofl_200:

I was skeptical of her letting me race when that was our only ride lol. But she said that sounds like fun and since its close to where we are staying said go have fun! So I got the blessing to go racing if it works out.

Maybe I should ups my shinko hook up tire setup down there so I can try some real times LOL!

Todd

I wish i could ride with you guys and race at the track with you on this one but i just cant make it happen. Happy early-b-day Todd :happybday::cheers:

I mapped out my next trip which I am unsure if I can join, but is 4500 miles with my cousin and some of his buddies. Round trip of Florida from Michigan to the keys. Plus whatever milesage in between. This one is May 22nd-June 1 2014. Its close to this ride for Daytona and also close to the ride to Alabama my wife is planning for end of June. The Alabama ride will be my son and I going to meet up with the rest of the family. She isn't 100% set on Bama yet. So I am not sure I might be riding some place else!

But this year I want to ride and put some miles down. I am guessing by the end of the season I'll have around 15,000 miles of out of state riding done, if not more.

Todd

I'll be in Daytona the last weekend. My cousin will prob have his Vmax too. PBIR is a good place to race and it is on the way down to the Keys. Its in West Palm Beach. When you're down in the Keys stop at the No Name Bar on Big Pin. Good chance to check out the Key Deer also.

That first Saturday is usually the VMOA gathering at Boxxenstopp but Raulf had some big time health issues. Not to mention the state of the VMOA and its current state. That don't mean Maxxers can't organize a ride, lunch gathering, impromptu burn out session.

Let me get my dates set and make sure everything is a go and I ll post it up. And then maybe we can organize a drag strip day with a ride before we head out to the track, maybe dinner after?

Todd

Back