Ford 9" Rear End gears?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruiser1198

Reaction score
Ok , looking around for a friend to see if anyone knows where I can get the center section for a Ford 9" rear with 3: 91 gears in it, or buy it new if some one knows who sells this set up . Have checked with Summit , Currie , Jegs and a few others , everyone offers a 3:89 but he wants a 3:91 . If anyone has the Gears {ring & pinion} or the center section they want to sell for a Ford 9" 3:91 please send me a message . Thanks for any and all help.

Ok , looking around for a friend to see if anyone knows where I can get the center section for a Ford 9" rear with 3: 91 gears in it, or buy it new if some one knows who sells this set up . Have checked with Summit , Currie , Jegs and a few others , everyone offers a 3:89 but he wants a 3:91 . If anyone has the Gears {ring & pinion} or the center section they want to sell for a Ford 9" 3:91 please send me a message . Thanks for any and all help.

I have to look for the guys card.....but there is a booth at Ford Carlisle every year that sells only Ford rears and center sections.

If you go to the Carlisle website you may be able to locate him in the vendor list.

Just curious, but what is the application that makes a difference of half a percent so important? That is like running 6030 rpm vs 6000 rpm at a given speed. ???

Just curious, but what is the application that makes a difference of half a percent so important? That is like running 6030 rpm vs 6000 rpm at a given speed. ???

Apparently the 3:91 is the Drag Pack option for the rear end , that was my question to him also but in the long run his money his car .

Well since that was only an option for a few years "as a drag pack option" he will probably pay big bucks for it.

Latest posts

Back