Ford Flathead V8 motorcycle

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1967vmax

Reaction score
Im having issues with my computer so i cant post a pic but on ebay there is a complete old school custom ford motorcycle that is well let me just say different and i wanted to share it enjoy at $60000 .item #330739428287:ummm:

Me Likey,

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

Although that Rube Goldberg route to get power to the back wheel looks a little hinky:ummm:

I've seen pics of other flathead V8 bikes online, they look much more like a motorcycle than that thing....

Attachments

• AF10_r517_01.jpg
    AF10_r517_01.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 33
I didn't like it at first , thought it looked like a tractor. But the more pics I pulled up the more convinced I became that it is a real work of art.
I have always liked flatheads from the first one my buddy and I stole ( from his brother ) . It was a 50 Ford coupe and his brother couldn't get it started for about a month. He had basically given up on it and told us so. We were 13 and 14 at the time and sponges about cars and how they worked. We traced all the wiring and fuel lines and finally found a battery ground wire at the motor that was all greased over and corruded underneath the grease & muck. We cleaned it and stole a battery from the hoodlum down the street and hooked it up. Started up after we got the fuel up to the carb. Didn't tell his brother anything. The next Friday nite my buddy snuck out and got me up at about midnite at my open bedroom window and said " let's go for a ride ". We pushed it out of his driveway so as not to wake anybody up at his house and fired that bad boy up at the bottom of the hill. Drove for about 15 or 20 minutes and ran out of gas ! Not only had to walk home , but had to fess up about sneaking out and stealing his brothers car . His brother was so happy to find out his car actually ran , he made us get a gas can and walk with him back to where we left it . We fired it up and he drove us around 'till about 3 a.m. ( since he was the only one with a drivers license ) and he never said a word to anybody about who , what , or where about the whole incident. :rofl_200:

Man, Now I want a flat head V-8 hahahaha

Great story Rollie! +1

While I salute the persons ingenuity, I have to be honest and say that that thing is FUGLY!!!

Yes, I also liked Rollie's story. Fun to read, and I bet you had some good old memories of it while you wrote it.

I like the bike for its ingenuity and execution. Sure, things could have been done differently, but it appears to be 'all-of-a-piece' and sturdy-enough to use. The Roots-style blower may have more pressure available than the engine can generate. However, the V-8/60 Ford was a low-compression engine unless it was used for midget racing, so it should work well, as a forced-induction powerplant, and even w/o mufflers, I bet it isn't unbearably loud.

It reminds me of that Swedish motorcycle that used a Volvo bottom end to make an Indian Chief-style bike.

Its kind of nice. The mono front and rear wheels don't do it for me. I think it would look better with a set of retro wheels.

There was a '37 ford flat-head bike that sold at auction for about $18k. It was well done on the build, to me, it looked like a production bike. If I would have known about the auction then, I wouldn't have my Vmax. So I guess, that's a good thing :)

customfordv812610.jpg

Latest posts

Back