Fork Bushing Part Numbers

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redneksoldier

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was attempting to order some new Yamaha OEM fork seals and bushings for my '94 from K&N. On the parts fiche, there is no part number for one of the bushing sliders. The fiche only shows one slider and not the other. Not sure which one is shown and which one is missing, but I wanted to order both. Anyone have the Yamaha part number for both of the sliders?

I was attempting to order some new Yamaha OEM fork seals and bushings for my '94 from K&N. On the parts fiche, there is no part number for one of the bushing sliders. The fiche only shows one slider and not the other. Not sure which one is shown and which one is missing, but I wanted to order both. Anyone have the Yamaha part number for both of the sliders?

The part # for the bushings is the same in both forks
5EB-23125-00-00

All internal components can swap between left and right other than the lower part of the leg.

I already have that P/N, it is plainly shown as the inner bushing in the diagram. I know that they interchange between left and right, but there are 2 different bushings per fork leg. There is an inner and outer bushing for each leg. Looks like the parts fiche only shows the inner and makes no reference to the outer bushing.

Guess I didn't understand your question.

5EB-23171-00-00
This is the split bushing that fits into the groove on the fork tube.

5EB-23125-00-00
This is the bushing that gets driven into the lower tube.

Yeah, that's the other one. Thanks a bunch! I looked at several other parts sites and couldn't find it anywhere. Weird, huh. I ran into a carb part for some other yamaha (can't remember what it was) that had this problem.

For some reason the bottom bushing is just shown in the earlier model illustrations as a bump on the bottom of the inside tube but no part number. You have to look up a newer model.....think the part number starts showing up around 2000 or 2001, but all the 43mm tubes take the same lower bushing.

Then not in '98 and back in for '00....plus, they don't show any bikes at all for a few years for some reason. :ummm:
No wonder I'm confused! I checked a few other sites and it seems that the lower bushing doesn't show up for some of the late '90's max's on any of them either.

Even called Ayers and some dude told me maybe the part wasn't offered in those years!! Ooooo....KAY! :biglaugh:

Latest posts

Back