Fork mount or handle bar mount windshield. Opinions?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Falaholic

Reaction score
Wanted to hear everyone's opinion on fork mount or handle bar mount windshields.

Also, please take into consideration possible impacts while riding.

I have a Memphis Shades Malibu windshield mounted to Woona. When I had the stock bars, it was a bar/fork mounted shield. Just had to relocate the turn signals. After changing to a set of RSI bars, I no longer had the room for the handlebar mounts. Also, the grips were considerably forward from stock. This meant a new headlight and a bunch of custom brackets. (Thank you, CrackinRican, for the mounts)

It is proving to be a royal PAIN IN THE ASS to get this windshield to be as tightly mounted as it was beforehand. I wish Memphis Shades had a Quick Disconnect mount made for this windshield. It would have made things a hell of a lot easier for me.

I recently installed the Puig bar mount on my Gen2. It's a great windshield, easy to install and well made. I highly recommend it.

I use a Memphis Shades 14" above the headlight. Handle bar mount. It extends the riding season for me in the Northeast. I can see just over the top of it, which is how I like it. If they fog up or heavy rain, I'm not blinded. And it's plenty tall enough to deflect rain and wind.
I have gotten into trouble going too fast with it. 80-90 mph is about the limit with that thing on there, or it becomes a sail.
Steve-o

I have the National Cycle Deflector Screen mounted on my bike with the quick detach brackets on the handlebars so I can take it off when I'm in town. It does what I need it to do and I like it. Here are some pics of it on, and the handlebars without it on to show the empty brackets.

Attachments

• Proof.jpg
    Proof.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_20141209_233851.jpg
    IMG_20141209_233851.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 25
  • Proof2.jpg
    Proof2.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 24
Back