Fork upgrade

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmioton

Reaction score
Hello all.

Looks like one of my fork seals on my 1988 vmax is starting to leak.

I have a couple of questions regarding my next step....

I'm in NYC, so there's nowhere for me to do it myself, it will be taking her to a shop.

Should I upgrade to a newer model VMax set of rebuilt forks and triple tree or simply have these rebuilt? Is the handling improvement worth the extra cost?

I noticed Kyle (I think) had a set of rebuilt with progressive springs for sale on ebay a few weeks ago. Of course my seal ruptured a week after they sold :bang head:

Thanks as always

Don

You can rebuild them and get some springs/seals which we can sell you, OR, I also have a set of forks off a 2002 with 1144 miles on them (you read that right). I can't remember what springs were in the bike (it was a drag bike) but I can also install the springs before we would ship them.

Not sure if it would be a beneficial swap or not? I'd throw in the OEM calipers or I also have R1 calipers I can sell you.

Email me directly if you are interested. [email protected]

Sean

i doubt its worth it in and of itself but upgrading your calipers and rotors will be beneficial.

Hello all.

Looks like one of my fork seals on my 1988 vmax is starting to leak.

I have a couple of questions regarding my next step....

I'm in NYC, so there's nowhere for me to do it myself, it will be taking her to a shop.

Should I upgrade to a newer model VMax set of rebuilt forks and triple tree or simply have these rebuilt? Is the handling improvement worth the extra cost?

I noticed Kyle (I think) had a set of rebuilt with progressive springs for sale on ebay a few weeks ago. Of course my seal ruptured a week after they sold :bang head:

Thanks as always

Don

I would have them rebuilt, upgrading the internals with Racetech springs and gold valves.

Funwheels , out in Medford, Long Island, is a certified Racetech shop. Their about a half mile south off the Expressway, on route 112.

The difference is night and day.

Back