Found a Max for the wife

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Or maybe by 'not an old one' she means she wants a gen 2

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Hehehehe, could be! Lets not go putting ideas in her head :biglaugh:

In all reality, as cool as that Max would be, I really could get her a much newer bike for the same or less than what I'd have to put into a Max to make it like Susan's. She still likes the Vulcan S 650. Much lighter bike and it has ABS. That may be what she ends up with. Who knows? I sure don't. After a quarter century being married to her, she's still a mystery :ummm:

Hehehehe, could be! Lets not go putting ideas in her head :biglaugh:

In all reality, as cool as that Max would be, I really could get her a much newer bike for the same or less than what I'd have to put into a Max to make it like Susan's. She still likes the Vulcan S 650. Much lighter bike and it has ABS. That may be what she ends up with. Who knows? I sure don't. After a quarter century being married to her, she's still a mystery :ummm:
Didn't your wife have something already? I recall you getting something fixed for her. Has she rode your vmax? If so does it fit her well? That would be the key I would think.
How do you feel about HD's? I've never ridden one but always heard that the sportsters were a good ladies bike.
Just thinking out loud

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

Didn't your wife have something already? I recall you getting something fixed for her. Has she rode your vmax? If so does it fit her well? That would be the key I would think.
How do you feel about HD's? I've never ridden one but always heard that the sportsters were a good ladies bike.
Just thinking out loud

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

You are correct! She has a 2007 Honda Shadow Spirit 750. She doesn't care for it really. We only got it because we got a smoking deal on it. Paid $2K for it! 7800 miles on it when we got it in February. She's not a fan of the rake, it takes a country mile to turn it. Hard to do U-Turns with it.

She's ridden my bike and prefers it's riding position over her Honda's forward controls. I can ride either and don't mind forward controls but I do prefer the riding position of the Max over hers. Power wise, that Honda is peppy and rides better than the Vmax by a mile but it doesn't have that brutal power that we all like!

As for HD, we were going to get her a Sportster 883 but the Honda came along and in all honesty, I am a Jap bike fan over HDs. Nothing against them just a preference.

Or maybe by 'not an old one' she means she wants a gen 2

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

How can we get a "like button" or thumbs up on this site?

So many 'like worthy ' comments. ;)

Let us know which way you decide (even if its not vmax related) :)

T $

I think if I was looking for a bike for my wife (which I am not), I would be looking at something newer like a Yamaha FZ-07 or an FZ-09. The Suzuki SV 650 is supposed to be a great handling bike. There are many bikes on the used bike market that you should be able to find something in the $5,000 range with relatively few miles, maybe something not brand-new, that she wouldn't get tired of. I forget from reading, if she isn't 5' 3" that opens a lot of used bikes to her consideration, being able to get both feet on the ground, flat, makes it much easier to have control, especially at intersections where there are usually oil slicks. Combine the oil drippings with a rain-slicked pavement, and even the most-experienced of us have probably had some embarassing moments. A highly-crowned road is another problem, the down-side of the bike, your leg needs to be another couple of inches longer, it seems, to maintain control of your bike.

Always riding in boots will give anyone a more-sure footing, especially when you find yourself due to heavy traffic, sitting on-top of an accumulation of oil, ATF, and water while you come to a halt at the intersection, and no room to maneuver out of the oil slick. How many of us have had the bike immediately jump sideways even though you gently engaged the clutch, because of all the crap that has accumulated at the intersection? If you ever rode on ice, you know exactly about what I am speaking. And, without tungsten studs in your "ice racing tires."

I know that if I spent any time on my local craigslist (CL) I would find dozens of likely candidates for a second bike, reasonably-priced, and without lots of miles.

As to H-D's and especially Sportsters, if you can get one without a lot of miles and reasonably-priced, nothing the matter there. I think a 400 lb bike is probably a better choice for a female than a 600-800 lb bike like a 1200 cc + V-twin from whomever. In Florida now there are a lot of lightly-used H-D's of all types selling for reasonable money, and usually H-D's are easily disposed-of in the marketplace.

Here's an example of something that seems to be priced right (not mine, no one I know):
00M0M_3XZMRgwWcxK_600x450.jpg

I'm selling my 2002 Yamaha FZ1 Fazer. The bike has a R1 front conversion with custom streetfighter headlight (done by previous owner). It comes with a Two Brothers exhaust. Bike is really fast. Second owner. Engine is in great condition always maintained. Clean title. Bike has recently received an oil & coolant change. Tires are practically new along with the chain and both sprockets and battery. Garage kept never dropped. $2500 OBO. Test drive with cash in hand. Text to (786) 608-0547 ext. 786
https://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/mcy/6149487392.html

She's 5'4" so she likes something with a fairly low seat height. It's not an immediate rush to find a replacement to be honest. I actually think she likes having the motorcycle more than she likes RIDING the motorcycle, lol.

We'll see how it shakes out. I'll probably clean her Shadow up real nice and sell it. If she wants one then, I'll look into a replacement. If not, I'll pay bills with the money!

+1 on the 'like' button! So many great, funny, and helpful comments in here!!

My brother just picked up an 800 cc Suzuki Boulevard with low miles for next to nothing. Decked out too. Other than higher RPM's at highway speed than I'd prefer, that thing is pretty great. Low seat and center of gravity and pretty comfortable.

If shes after power, the M109R is a beast with the same stance and handling :)

Last edited:
Back