• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Found one

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davelaf

Reaction score
Hello, well I think this is the last part needed. It's been a interesting path since I got rear ended and shoved in a curb, and I guess flew in the air.
I thought I had fixed everything and was going on first ride. Uhhh no. So pretty bent front wheel. I needed new rubber anyway. I don't know what else will work using the stock rotors and brakes, but I'm open to anything. Just started looking, any suggestions are welcome, hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.
I appreciate all the help so far. Dave.

Hello, well I think this is the last part needed. It's been a interesting path since I got rear ended and shoved in a curb, and I guess flew in the air.
I thought I had fixed everything and was going on first ride. Uhhh no. So pretty bent front wheel. I needed new rubber anyway. I don't know what else will work using the stock rotors and brakes, but I'm open to anything. Just started looking, any suggestions are welcome, hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.
Email me [email protected] and I can send pictures if what I have.

Any wheel 1985-2007 will fit the bike. However, '85-'92 is a smaller rotor, '93-'07 is a larger 298 mm rotor, the bolt pattern is the same, so if you wanted the 1985 thin cast aluminum 'spoke' wheel, with the later rotors on it (298 mm) you could run that. I believe the 1986 & '86 cast aluminum spoke wheel is the lightest front wheel, OEM.

If you're gonna run at the dragstrip, weight is something to consider.

I scrapped a wheel awhile ago, and it was enough for a fast food meal.

Any wheel 1985-2007 will fit the bike. However, '85-'92 is a smaller rotor, '93-'07 is a larger 298 mm rotor, the bolt pattern is the same, so if you wanted the 1985 thin cast aluminum 'spoke' wheel, with the later rotors on it (298 mm) you could run that. I believe the 1986 & '86 cast aluminum spoke wheel is the lightest front wheel, OEM.

If you're gonna run at the dragstrip, weight is something to consider.

I scrapped a wheel awhile ago, and it was enough for a fast food meal.
So I could get the older wheel, hopefully an 86, and then bolt up the rotors from my old one? Axles and width is the same?
And then go through the drive in at Wendy's??

Attachments

• 20230525_214742.jpg
    20230525_214742.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230524_182328.jpg
    20230524_182328.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Here's a front from my 2000 that is clean and straight as well as a polished one with a decent bridgestone Battlax tire mounted. Let me know if interested, we can discuss price. I'm in wI

I got a wheel, kinda wished I waited and got the 85 wheel, oh well. I don't know how to delete the PARTS NEEDED post.

Back