Four wheel Vmax

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blurr

Reaction score
This has nothing to do with a Vmax but somehow, given some of the more extreme things I've seen done to our beloved, this just reminds me of of the bike.
MilesCrouch-A.jpg

You can read more about it HERE.

I have a customer in New Zeland that I am trying to assist with his Vmax/Car transplant. It's up and running though not running as well as it should. We've send a rebuilt carb set over there to try and see if that cures the problem for him.

How does the driveline hold up in a swap like that, Sean? Some other middle gear output and double D at least, right? I'm sure it would need a stronger trans...

Stock block and output. Custom transmission after that!

Attachments

• MG_Air_filters_002.JPG
    MG_Air_filters_002.JPG
    151.3 KB · Views: 35
Top up or down, that has to be an exhilarating ride! The sounds that thing makes must make the driver just shake with anticipation! Backing-out of the throttle must just-about throw a fog of gas into your face, and a good POP when the valve cycles.
MilesCrouch-B.jpg

Actually, the pop-off valve looks like it would gas-fog the passenger more than the driver. I think you would have to warn a cigarette-smoking passenger about that, lest he end-up resembling Johnny Blaze from Ghost Rider.

The driveshaft must be about 12" long. The rear end is gonna stand-up to whatever that 143 cubic inch engine is gonna make, race-gas or methanol injection and premium. Wild!

I always liked the Spitfires, the front end hinges like another British Leyland product, the XK-E. Maybe not in this application, though. The GT-6+ was the hardtop version, and looked great. Dig the racing version w/the enclosed headlights.
images
images
images
images

Top up or down, that has to be an exhilarating ride! The sounds that thing makes must make the driver just shake with anticipation! Backing-out of the throttle must just-about throw a fog of gas into your face, and a good POP when the valve cycles.
MilesCrouch-B.jpg

Actually, the pop-off valve looks like it would gas-fog the passenger more than the driver. I think you would have to warn a cigarette-smoking passenger about that, lest he end-up resembling Johnny Blaze from Ghost Rider.

The driveshaft must be about 12" long. The rear end is gonna stand-up to whatever that 143 cubic inch engine is gonna make, race-gas or methanol injection and premium. Wild!

I always liked the Spitfires, the front end hinges like another British Leyland product, the XK-E. Maybe not in this application, though. The GT-6+ was the hardtop version, and looked great. Dig the racing version w/the enclosed headlights.
images
images
images
images

I had one almost exactly the same as the blue MK 3 GT6 in the picture. 2.0 litre straight six made some decent hp for it's time and it handled pretty well to boot. I miss that car :(

Chris.

I just ran across some pics of a Spitfire I had. I didn't have the space for it so I had to sell it. The body was in great shape considering. This was about 2 years ago. It needed a thorough going through, and I chose to spend the $$ on my VMax instead of this.

I wish I could have kept it. The engine was free, not frozen, and it was all-there. :confused2:

Attachments

• DSC00861.jpg
    DSC00861.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 8
  • DSC00855.jpg
    DSC00855.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC00865.jpg
    DSC00865.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 8
Back