friends V-max problem.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VMAX1260

Supporting Member
Reaction score
a friend called me. he was in full throttle gear 1 and suddenly it felt like from 1 gear to go to neutural (but he was still in 1 gear). now the bike in all gears feels like no friction at all. like you have N. he told me he checked the friction plates which are new sanded the metalplates. try it again . with no luck. he also noticed that his clutch master didnt feel that strong and gone weaker. any ideas ? ? ?:ummm::ummm::ummm::ummm: he also says that the cross for the rear drive is not turning !!!!!!!!!!!

While your friend had the clutch out did he by chance try and spin the main shaft while in gear? If so that would tell him whether the gears are ingaging. There are a few different things that can happen, theres a spring loaded shock absorber in the middle gear that I have seen fail. Also there are a few weak links in the transmission, (shift forks,gear,shift shafts,shift drum). I would probably try and elevate the rear wheel and try to spin it in gear. If it spins somthing came apart,if it holds steady then theres somthing funky going on.lol.

While your friend had the clutch out did he by chance try and spin the main shaft while in gear? If so that would tell him whether the gears are ingaging. There are a few different things that can happen, theres a spring loaded shock absorber in the middle gear that I have seen fail. Also there are a few weak links in the transmission, (shift forks,gear,shift shafts,shift drum). I would probably try and elevate the rear wheel and try to spin it in gear. If it spins somthing came apart,if it holds steady then theres somthing funky going on.lol.
it spins like you have no gear .

Sounds like a driveshaft broken if you ask me. You can pull back the rubber cover where the drive comes out the back of the block and see if it turns there.

Sean

Im leaning twoards the spring in the middle gear. Thats usually what Ive seen break. If you pull alot of whole shots or do alot of burnouts it loads that spring tremendously!! Usually a loud pop or bang is noticed when it lets go. Thats what it sounds like to me happened considering thats the only thing left between the trans/clutch and drive shaft u-joint. Unfortunately you have to split the cases to replace any of these parts. Keep me updated and let me know how you make out!!!

He said the ujoint isn't turning. Im with him above ^^^ Most likely its past the gear cogs and in the left side where the spring and conical cog is. I'd guess those middle cogs went bad or the spring broke and can't press the cogs together making them slip... Thats the only reason for him to loose traction on all gears from 1st to 5th without braking them all at the gearbox...

Back