Front end Squeak

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gamorg02

Reaction score
Hey guys.

I have a squeak in my front end that I think is coming from the suspension some where that happens over bumps.

Originally i thought it was just the spring type things over some of the hydrolic lines, or maybe those lines against the rattle canned headlight bucket, but I can't seem to get the noise to a single point.

Here are my current symptoms:

1. tends to be worse over quicker bumps (not necessarily deeper or higher)
2. gets MUCH more noticeable as the temp/humidity goes up. Over the same spot of road in 60? it wont be noticeable but if its 90? out its much more.
3. Tried holding various parts still in the front end to eliminate anything, but that doesn't do it. Already fixed my faux tank squeak, but that was rpm dependent.
4. Been doing it as long as I remember, the forks don't bottom out and it otherwise feels normal.

I guess it could still be some stuff rattling in the headlight bucket, but its almost like a click/squeak noise. Doesn't make me cringle like something is wrong, but just annoying. I can kind of get it to do a lesser version of the noise if its still and i hold the front break and push down/pull up on the bars.

I dunno, just figure i'd bounce it off of you guys?:ummm:

I have something similar happening on my mine and finally figured out the it is the fan itself making the noise - try hitting the bottom of the rad with you fist to see if that might be it.

Mike

i'll check it out and report back Mike. Thanks. Did heat/temp/humidity play a role in yours?

don't think so, altho that was already rubbing my fender, made a hole too! moved it away a while back. where u thinking on the speedo cable?

It's supposed to be held from rubbing by the metal loop. How is it touching anything?

its not anymore, originally the metal loop was bent so the cable was resting on the fender.

I would also check speedo cable and brake lines - those things rubbing in the right place can defo get squeaky. A bit like a girl when you push the right buttons, and you know they squeak louder the damper they get :rofl_200:

I have something similar happening on my mine and finally figured out the it is the fan itself making the noise - try hitting the bottom of the rad with you fist to see if that might be it.

Mike

Same hear Mike....I could hear this buzzing vibration on decel or during shifting. Thing drove me nuts until I finally isolated it to the fan. Not quite sure why it's doing that, but at least I know where it's coming from.

Might be worth checking the radiator, fan & shroud area over carefully Garrett.

I would also check speedo cable and brake lines - those things rubbing in the right place can defo get squeaky. A bit like a girl when you push the right buttons, and you know they squeak louder the damper they get :rofl_200:

i hear ya still digging.

Same hear Mike....I could hear this buzzing vibration on decel or during shifting. Thing drove me nuts until I finally isolated it to the fan. Not quite sure why it's doing that, but at least I know where it's coming from.

Might be worth checking the radiator, fan & shroud area over carefully Garrett.

i've had the rpm dependent buzzing, its more of a creaking noise. like something rubbing against something. very hard to explain!

i'll keep tryin!

haha my mufflers are nice and un noticable under 4 - 5k. earplugs probably wouldn't let me hear it anymore. i don't like weairing my half helmet b/c i hear all sorts of new noises.

i have/had this weird click when i hit bumps at slower speed. usually when i go over a little curb like up on to a driveway. I found giving the nut on the triple tree(the chrome one) just a little tweak to tighten it and the click noise gone. for a while then it comes back. can also hear it if i get on the brakes hard from a slow roll to finial stop. Is that the same noise your hearing????

not sure. i can try tho. i've def been messing with the top nut in messing with the steering head.

sounds almos tlike a creaking than a squeak, but sort of like a click. ugh. wish i had a relaly good microphone.

i'll check it out. rain th enext 3 days so i'll report back after that.

Latest posts

Back