Fuel filter

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigJimi

Reaction score
Well I guess I know the condition of my carbs now that I just replaced the fuel filter:puke::puke:

Attachments

• WP_20150508_17_00_39_Pro.jpg
    WP_20150508_17_00_39_Pro.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Speaking of fuel filter...
Has anyone cross referenced a fuel filter for a Polaris Quad. I've been using these in my '06 Max with good success. Fits nicely in the saddle under the seat too.

Attachments

• Quad.jpg
    Quad.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 55
Speaking of fuel filter...
Has anyone cross referenced a fuel filter for a Polaris Quad. I've been using these in my '06 Max with good success. Fits nicely in the saddle under the seat too.
Thanks for posting that, also Fram fuel filter - #F21124 works well. No need for the over priced dealer filter. I'm sure there are more. I like the clear ones for obvious reasons.

cut it open ...

to read the owl entrails, as the ancients once did, to foretell the future...

You can do the same thing w/your oil filter. Shiny slivers, in a 'gold' color, "oh, noooo!"

latest

Over time the sintered bronze filters can and do clog. I'm assuming that's probably what's in that one.

When that day comes, try burning-off the crud w/a propane torch. Heat the element well, and let it cool, and then re-install it. Blow thru it to see if that did it, if not, spring for the replacement, big spender.

Your carbs will not be as bad as that filter.
I use this one because you can reuse it and clean it as often as you like.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Spectre-Blu...ble-/381229267494?hash=item58c308fa26&vxp=mtr

We like using the glass filters with replaceable inserts. The initial cost is around $13 but then the inserts are cheap from then on.

Ditto. You can even clean those inserts.

I haven't bought any replacements in years.

Back