Fuel out of PAJ1?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lookforjack

Reaction score
Hey Ya'll,

Pretty new to this so bare with me.

I've had these carbs off probably 5 times now. I've replaced o-rings accelerator pumps. Ultra sonic cleaned them. Replaced the pilot jets. Thought I had it all right. Good idle. Road it around the block.
Fired it up after a few hours and it was rich! Barely ran and fuel coming out of PAJ1 on carb two. But only while running. So not really a float issue I would say.

Anyone saw this before or no the cause?

I've attached a photo.

Thanks

Any help would be appreciated!

Attachments

• Vmax_carb_PAJ1.JPG
    Vmax_carb_PAJ1.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 46
Have your carbs been dirty every time you pulled them?

Yes? - > Have you removed and cleaned your fuel pump?

Are your plugs gapped to spec? I only wonder about this because it will feel really rich if you're not getting good spark. Stock gap is-. 031-.035.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I've had the tank out and I removed the rust using electrolysis. Then I cleaned it again using POR-15 gas tank cleaner and resealer. The fuel filter is new. The fuel pump is a new/used model I got on ebay. I made sure it was clean before installing it. The last three time I've had them off the bowls looked clean. That's when I replaced the pilot jets.

I started out at 2.5 turns on all carbs. But that carb seemed to be doing some popping. So I leaned it out and then backed it off again to a richer 2.3/4 turns. It ran better there. So that's where it was when this started. I put it back to 2.5 turns after but this fuel out the Paj1 still continues.

so i studied the following diagram and i hate to say this but the only way i can see fuel being rerouted out paj1 is if some path in the fuel bowl is clogged. http://vmaxoutlaw.com/tech/images/vmaxcarb.jpg

I know you've said that you've cleaned out the carbs and such, but it isnt a stretch to accept that a piece of gunk made its way in from the tank or the pump.

before dismounting the rack and disassmbling the carb, i recommend shotgunning it and running some seafoam or "start your engine" or something like these in the fuel tank

Regards from my Taptalking Hercules Android

Hey Ya'll,

Pretty new to this so bare with me.

I've had these carbs off probably 5 times now. I've replaced o-rings accelerator pumps. Ultra sonic cleaned them. Replaced the pilot jets. Thought I had it all right. Good idle. Road it around the block.
Fired it up after a few hours and it was rich! Barely ran and fuel coming out of PAJ1 on carb two. But only while running. So not really a float issue I would say.

Anyone saw this before or no the cause?

I've attached a photo.

Thanks

Any help would be appreciated!

PM dannymax, he rebuilds these carbs all the time. He might not have seen this thread and he can probably help you out.

Latest posts

Back